1. Gia de Almeida's rating of the film Out of Africa

I went into this film expecting to hate it and I absolutely loved it. Although I must admit that sometimes it drags a tad too long and, -especially- in those moments, it drifts a little into a white colonialist lady's fantasy of living a romance in Africa.

2. bonucci's rating of the film Out of Africa

3. Cátia Pereira's rating of the film Out of Africa

Beautiful cinematography, beautiful story and strong characters, but so boring. I feel asleep three times trying to watch the film and had to finish watching it in the following three days.

4. Dalibor's rating of the film Out of Africa

Never been a fan of Pollack's over-sentimental fixation on untamed love stories, and never will be. Two and a half hours of adolescent schoolgirl's day dream about foreign country (however attractively shot), all of which you can predict just ten minutes in. And the worst part of it, his capital relationship issues seem like something real dramatist would barely even scrape the surface with.

5. Zé Manel Alves's rating of the film Out of Africa

Masterpiece of photography and film-making, this movie stars Robert Redford and Meryl Streep with tremendous performances. A film that lingers 'til today. Also, a very good and complete music set and sound editing. Not the best from Pollack, but a remarkable one

6. Gianpiero Mendini [cineddoche]'s rating of the film Out of Africa

Vincitore di 7 premi Oscar, “La mia Africa” riesce a conciliare il racconto intimista di una donna che si trova a dover affrontare una vita non priva di difficoltà in una terra lontana e molto diversa da quella a cui era abituata, e tematiche più ampie legate alla guerra, ai rapporti fra popolazioni autoctone e coloni, alle differenze culturali. Romanzato quanto basta ma funziona. Colonna sonora di John Barry.

7. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Out of Africa

8. Adriano Rocha's rating of the film Out of Africa

9. Susana Bessa's rating of the film Out of Africa

This is what I call a classic!

10. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Out of Africa

11. Gloria Dominic's rating of the film Out of Africa

Love the true story and the music- the African music

12. Victor-André's rating of the film Out of Africa

The music was very touching !

13. Kirby's rating of the film Out of Africa

I don't know, it was kind of bland. The story didn't really go anywhere, shit just happens.

14. prestidigitator's rating of the film Out of Africa

meryl streep talks like nico in this movie. i expect her to start singing "i've been out walking, i don't do too much talking these days". not that it wouldnt fit. :>

15. Lauh's rating of the film Out of Africa

I was a little bit disapointed at this movie. People told me it was such a great movie that probably I had expectations way too big...

16. Francesca Perry Carboni's rating of the film Out of Africa

It does really seem to be a one of those films you love or hate. I expected to hate it, I loved it.

17. Roscoe's rating of the film Out of Africa

A screaming nightmare of High Literary Pretentious Boredom, enlivened only by Klaus Maria Brandauer's splendid performance.

18. maudiniz's rating of the film Out of Africa

He even took the gramophone on safari. Three rifles, supplies for a month, and Mozart.

19. Adham T. Fusama's rating of the film Out of Africa

Yawn. If not because of Streep, I would rather go to bed.

20. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film Out of Africa

A beautiful picture, thanks to cinematographer David Watkin, and composer John Barry. Redford and Streep are also neat in their roles. It drags a bit at some parts, but the overall impression is captivating, and the dilemmas and arguments it raises are quite fascinating as well, like solitude versus compromise, adultery, illness, death, ostracism. mighty spectacular epic in the David Lean tradition.