1. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Peking Opera Blues

The slapstick and physical comedy are some of the few film scenes in recent memory I found myself laughing out loud at (and, notably, probably the only film where an attempted rape is played out for comedy). The crossdressing and relationships had a - dare I say - Shakespearean quality to them.

2. xuxuxush's rating of the film Peking Opera Blues

vibrant, dynamic, sentimental, lyrical, joyous, moving. Brigitte Lin enriches the soul.

3. Chuck Williamson's rating of the film Peking Opera Blues

Tsui Hark at his most hyperkinetic and charmingly unwieldy. Wild and whiplash-inducing.

4. Greg S.'s rating of the film Peking Opera Blues

I blogged about this: http://mnightrambler.blogspot.com/2013/04/peking-opera-blues-tsui-hark-1986.html

5. ElTigreNegro's rating of the film Peking Opera Blues

A great adventure flick from Hark, the man was in top form on this one, great cast too.

6. This is Jake Kath's rating of the film Peking Opera Blues

Why aren't there more movies like this?!?! Seriously. It has the energy of Raiders of The Lost Ark or an episode of Lupin The Third and combines it with wit that feels straight out of Brain De Palma. Sigh.

7. Spiritchaser's rating of the film Peking Opera Blues

Quite possibly the greatest Hong Kong movie from the legendary Tsui Hark.

8. Daniel Davis's rating of the film Peking Opera Blues

One of the great action adventure films of all time. Filled with Tsui Hark's and Ching Siu Tung's trademark energy, coupled with the director's pop-feminist overtones. The film opens a window into another world through which the viewer is allowed a glimpse of a living, breathing setting populated with complex characters in fantastic situations accomplishing heroic deeds.