1. Catarina Andrade's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Muito bom. Muita violência, beleza e ação. No entanto, pouca aftermath: o filme acaba subitamente. Não sei se a guerra acabou. Acho que é humano que a princesa não perdoe mas não sei os humanos compreenderam. Não sei se gosto do deus-veado. Mitológico, de facto. To the point? Não sei. Era a ultimate battle entre humanos e a natureza. Não sei se existe mitologia à mistura mas afinal de contas isso é o mistério da fé.

2. BenNash's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Akira Kurosawa's 'Ran' but with a more Deer Gods.

3. Lourenço Cadete's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

4. Zach Closs's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

It's genuinely so spirited and absorbing that you feel like you're watching it in a haze; Miyazaki's best work by a landslide, and one of the greatest fantasies ever committed to celluloid. Hisaishi's score is gorgeous, and that stacked English voice cast... don't even get me started: Billy Crudup, Claire Danes, Billy Bob Thornton, Jada Pinkett Smith and Gillian fucking Anderson?! Damn.

5. Capela's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

starring: o espirito da floresta

6. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Watching this film 20 years after it first hit the cinemas, I get the sense that a lot of its original qualities have faded somewhat. To me, the story has never been all that. I find it is simply too thinly veiled and too stretched out to be engrossing. On top of that, what once were stunning feats of animation are now slightly outdated. I was however, very impressed by its soundscape.

7. Sara Lucas's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

8. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

4.5 stars. One of the purest, most rhapsodical expressions of the monomyth or hero's journey. Watching recent Disney films like 'Moana' I realised what a deeply positive impact 'Mononoke' has had upon their Western distributor. Also contains plain gorgeous painterly backgrounds that should rekindle even the most jaded urban dweller's love of nature. A true epic told with grace, compassion and humour.

9. FISCHER's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Trop longtemps inédit en France, un chef-d'oeuvre important de l'animation... www.cinefiches.com

10. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

3+. 5 stars for the first hour, 3 for the second, and 2 for the ending.

11. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

12. KATIEDEESE's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

I enjoy the central meaning of the film and that the movie has such a big love for the conservation of nature. This movie is one of the more bloody of the Miyazaki movies that I've seen but I really enjoyed that humans are so evil but they are the only ones who can restore nature back to its fullest potential for both animals and mankind.

13. MistaRichard's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Like so many of Miyazaki's features, "Princess Mononoke" is a layered and meaningful film that rightfully deserves to be studied as one of Studio Ghibli's greatest pictures.

14. lidiishere's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

15. Freakyfilm's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Great film about protecting the environment

16. Sacha Raphard's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Je crois que c'est le premier film qui m'ai jamais fait peur. Je suis désolé mais le sanglier géant avec les tentacules noires crado là c'est pas ragoûtant...

17. runfromfire's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Spirited Away is still my favorite Miyazaki flick but Mononoke is a close second (and Totoro is third in case you were wondering).

18. sominjeon's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Made me question who I am. Totally changed me. Never seen anything more beautiful in my life.

19. ermete polpette's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

20. jaelaah's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

impressive depth of character & beautiful graphics from Miyazaki

21. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

22. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

23. Nreekei's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

My favorite Miyazaki movie

24. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Within a few passing lines of dialogue and a beautifully animated gesture, each character, even a seemingly trivial one, is given a past and a goal: a fully realized agenda. I am floored every time by how effortlessly the film weaves so many character intricacies into such a morally ambiguous and -truthfully - epic experience. This is my film sal volatile: a violent but welcome reassurance of film's power.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7