1. Benjamin Reid's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Each shot is jaw droppingly beautiful. It's hard to believe that this came out more than 20 years ago. A lot of blockbusters where humanity fights nature are super corny (see Avatar), but Mononoke is engaging by avoiding simple good vs evil conflicts. The angsty romance was iffy for me at the beginning, but it won me over by the end cause I like the characters. Billy Bob Thornton is funny in the dub. Also, cute dogs!

2. MisterColo93's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

3. nadnab's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

4. ju's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

5. Shahin Katila's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

6. Kenzozo's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Moral fight as it can be. When something is hauntingly beautiful it is just so simple at some point, like all the most beautiful and unique stuff in universe, as this one. I can bett that god adores this one. 4.5

7. raquel_ag's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Enredo: ★★★★★ Animação: ★★★★★ Tom: ★★★★ Música e Som: ★★★★ Representação: ★★★★★

8. Aulia Indry's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

I just realized that this movie really heavy content after almost an hour of watching. there is much to discuss. all are very close to real life but still present to the things that animation can do

9. Gianpiero Andriulli's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

10. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Impressive animation and epic feel where industry and nature clash together, Man and God. There is a lot of good moments and surprising choices taken by the characters. Interesting but also with some disturbing moments. Somehow the ending didn't grip me as much as it should and is the film's weakest point.

11. Diogo Moreira's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

12. Arcanus's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

OK for the under 5s I suppose.

13. Garçon Manqué's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Nature won't forgive the humans.

14. Catarina Andrade's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Muito bom. Muita violência, beleza e ação. No entanto, pouca aftermath: o filme acaba subitamente. Não sei se a guerra acabou. Acho que é humano que a princesa não perdoe mas não sei os humanos compreenderam. Não sei se gosto do deus-veado. Mitológico, de facto. To the point? Não sei. Era a ultimate battle entre humanos e a natureza. Não sei se existe mitologia à mistura mas afinal de contas isso é o mistério da fé.

15. Ben Nash's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Akira Kurosawa's 'Ran' but with more Deer Gods.

16. Zach Closs's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

It's genuinely so spirited and absorbing that you feel like you're watching it in a haze; Miyazaki's best work by a landslide, and one of the greatest fantasies ever committed to celluloid. Hisaishi's score is gorgeous, and that stacked English voice cast... don't even get me started: Billy Crudup, Claire Danes, Billy Bob Thornton, Jada Pinkett Smith and Gillian fucking Anderson?! Damn.

17. Capela's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

starring: o espirito da floresta

18. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Watching this film 20 years after it first hit the cinemas, I get the sense that a lot of its original qualities have faded somewhat. To me, the story has never been all that. I find it is simply too thinly veiled and too stretched out to be engrossing. On top of that, what once were stunning feats of animation are now slightly outdated. I was however, very impressed by its soundscape.

19. Sara Lucas's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

20. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

4.5 stars. One of the purest, most rhapsodical expressions of the monomyth or hero's journey. Watching recent Disney films like 'Moana' I realised what a deeply positive impact 'Mononoke' has had upon their Western distributor. Also contains plain gorgeous painterly backgrounds that should rekindle even the most jaded urban dweller's love of nature. A true epic told with grace, compassion and humour.

21. FISCHER's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Trop longtemps inédit en France, un chef-d'oeuvre important de l'animation... www.cinefiches.com

22. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

3+. 5 stars for the first hour, 3 for the second, and 2 for the ending.

23. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

24. KATIEDEESE's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

I enjoy the central meaning of the film and that the movie has such a big love for the conservation of nature. This movie is one of the more bloody of the Miyazaki movies that I've seen but I really enjoyed that humans are so evil but they are the only ones who can restore nature back to its fullest potential for both animals and mankind.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7