1. Capela's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

starring: o espirito da floresta

2. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Watching this film 20 years after it first hit the cinemas, I get the sense that a lot of its original qualities have faded somewhat. To me, the story has never been all that. I find it is simply too thinly veiled and too stretched out to be engrossing. On top of that, what once were stunning feats of animation are now slightly outdated. I was however, very impressed by its soundscape.

3. Sara Lucas's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

4. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

4.5 stars. One of the purest, most rhapsodical expressions of the monomyth or hero's journey. Watching recent Disney films like 'Moana' I realised what a deeply positive impact 'Mononoke' has had upon their Western distributor. Also contains plain gorgeous painterly backgrounds that should rekindle even the most jaded urban dweller's love of nature. A true epic told with grace, compassion and humour.

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Trop longtemps inédit en France, un chef-d'oeuvre important de l'animation... www.cinefiches.com

6. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

3+. 5 stars for the first hour, 3 for the second, and 2 for the ending.

7. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

8. KATIEDEESE's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

I enjoy the central meaning of the film and that the movie has such a big love for the conservation of nature. This movie is one of the more bloody of the Miyazaki movies that I've seen but I really enjoyed that humans are so evil but they are the only ones who can restore nature back to its fullest potential for both animals and mankind.

9. MistaRichard's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Like so many of Miyazaki's features, "Princess Mononoke" is a layered and meaningful film that rightfully deserves to be studied as one of Studio Ghibli's greatest pictures.

10. Nurlita Hapsari's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

11. Freakyfilm's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Great film about protecting the environment

12. Sacha Raphard's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Je crois que c'est le premier film qui m'ai jamais fait peur. Je suis désolé mais le sanglier géant avec les tentacules noires crado là c'est pas ragoûtant...

13. runfromfire's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Spirited Away is still my favorite Miyazaki flick but Mononoke is a close second (and Totoro is third in case you were wondering).

14. sominjeon's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Made me question who I am. Totally changed me. Never seen anything more beautiful in my life.

15. ermete polpette's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

16. jaelaah's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

impressive depth of character & beautiful graphics from Miyazaki

17. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

18. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

19. Nreekei's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

My favorite Miyazaki movie

20. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

Within a few passing lines of dialogue and a beautifully animated gesture, each character, even a seemingly trivial one, is given a past and a goal: a fully realized agenda. I am floored every time by how effortlessly the film weaves so many character intricacies into such a morally ambiguous and -truthfully - epic experience. This is my film sal volatile: a violent but welcome reassurance of film's power.

21. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

22. Лиич's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

First Ghibli movie I saw. Every time I see it I feel the same awe and respect.

23. ceknklsn's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

24. James Mackin's rating of the film Princess Mononoke

A really good Miyazaki film, that I mostly like just for a character who basically has AIDS, but is still a balling badass.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7