1. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film Public Speaking

This was like what "cigarettes and coffee" was for fiction films. Not much happens but you are glad people like this exist and you def can feel Scorsese 's deep kinship to this fast talking New Yorker! She would be the best dinner guest.

2. ebabehh's rating of the film Public Speaking

Some of what she says about New York, turning cities into museums, and going into the TV are on-point, but there's something repelling about how willing she is to succumb to the lowest of vices--sloth, judgment, gossip, provincialism--and package herself into a persona for consumption, full of canned soundbites for college speeches.

3. Will Carnes's rating of the film Public Speaking

Everything Fran Lebowitz says is interesting. And her hand gestures! I could watch this on loop all day and night.

4. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Public Speaking

Imagine having a conversation with one of the smartest people on the planet. I love everything about her. She should have statues made of her. Her comments on the AIDS epidemic were particularly touching.

5. Dzernera's rating of the film Public Speaking

Even though it does feel that Mrs. Lebowitz almost stands above the movie itself giving me a feeling that Scorsese has not put too great effort in making it, the bits and pieces of Lebowitz stories and speeches are purely genius and, in fact, accounts for the name of the movie since Fran Lebowitz is not only this bright, admirable person but also she is damn good in communicating these greats thoughts out to people.

6. Polyglot's rating of the film Public Speaking

Scorsese laughing hard in the background. :p

7. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Public Speaking

"Once a punk, always a punk." Fascinating mind

8. Patrick Humphreys's rating of the film Public Speaking

Lebowitz is right about smoking and little else, but is entertaining nonetheless.

9. takaran's rating of the film Public Speaking

Sharp, opinionated, self-centred, vibrant chatterer, all things NY.

10. ejw0422's rating of the film Public Speaking

I could listen to Fran Lebowitz all day. Amazing.

11. orangey's rating of the film Public Speaking

Fran Lebowitz is funny. I can realize that for myself, I don't need Scorsese laughing hysterically before she opens her mouth to remind me that. His giggling ruins much of the documentary

12. Morten Steingrimsen's rating of the film Public Speaking

Martin Scorsese is also an outstanding documentary filmmaker! This is one of his best documentaries, together with Shine a Light and A Letter to Elia.

13. joaodias's rating of the film Public Speaking

Como faz falta uma Fran Lebowitz brasileira.

14. Sue Denim's rating of the film Public Speaking

the blind art collector. and other stories.

15. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Public Speaking

A wonderful talk about everything. Kinda hipnotizing.

16. Ryan M.'s rating of the film Public Speaking

Wonderful observation of the fascinating Liebowitz. Nothing revolutionary done on the documentary scale, but this film is a pure delight.

17. pivic's rating of the film Public Speaking

I didn't know of Fran Liebowitz, a famed New Yorker, jewish writer, infamous wit. As this documentary starts, she states that "There is no more suitable and potent image/symbol for our time than the image of the blind art collector. [...] I think that sums it up. If you were gonna write just a history of the era, you should call it 'The blind art collector, and other stories'." She talks much, and says a lot. Potent.

18. FailedImitator's rating of the film Public Speaking

Not a great documentary, per se, but Fran Lebowitz is a damn interesting character.

19. Darius Buinauskas's rating of the film Public Speaking

Lebowitz's simplicity and honesty is so amusing. A great look into the society and what's around it.

20. Andrés Pff's rating of the film Public Speaking