1. enkii__bilal's rating of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark

Indiana Jones movies are the best excitement of my childhood.

2. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark

Makes cinema as easy as 1, 2, 3. Lean, not very mean, pretty goofy, but a helluva good time. I've noticed that film academics two generations above me (i.e. those now in their late 40s / early 50s) loathe Spielberg as though he were the Leni Riefenstahl of neoliberalism. However, us millennials grew up with Spielberg on television and so I can't quite clean myself of the nostalgia and don't know if I would want to.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark

La BD au cinéma avec son cocktail de suspense, de fantastique et d'héroïsme... www.cinefiches.com

4. adam's rating of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark

5. fearraigh's rating of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark

The unselfconsciously imperialist mindset underpinning the Indiana Jones films can't fail to tarnish them and there are several moments in Raiders that I cringe at. Nonetheless, it's hard not to marvel at the brio with which Spielberg carries the whole thing off. Some of the scenes remain unparalleled in their audacity and Ford's belated confirmation as an A-list star is warranted. Easily the best of the four films.

6. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark

This is too tight; there's no air in it to breathe.

7. anacecil's rating of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark

Buena par aal época y eda den que la ví. No creo que estuvier ainteresada en verl ahoy en día.

8. mac le mac's rating of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark

9. subtonal's rating of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark

10. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark

Bałem się tego filmu gdy byłem mały

11. Chris's rating of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark

1980s harrison ford... wow.... i have no idea why his shirt was always off or half-unbuttoned but im certainly not complaining (also a very well-done action movie!)

12. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark

Having rewatched the trilogy over Christmas I was reminded about how brilliant Raiders actually is. Spielberg re-invents 1930s serials and comic strips with such joyous flair and wit and energy that thirty years on, few block busters come anywhere close. . Holywood movies nowadays are often just a sequence of setpeices which are poor in comparison to the likes of the central car chase in this film.

13. MS1915's rating of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark

IMO the best of the original trilogy. Harrison Ford is in his prime and the whole thing makes for a wonderful ride. Especially love Karen Allen's performance as his lady, strong and adventurous...unlike the ladies in the other films...

14. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark

So this is the famous Indiana Jones?

15. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark

Derivative but jolly good fun. It moves at a fine lick that disguises the rather faux nature of the milieu with the Nazi garnish added for little more than easily delineated 'boo-hiss' signposts along the way.

16. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark

17. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark

Watched this for the first time, and there's not much to say about it other than it lives up to its hype as a cornerstone of the action-adventure genre. I enjoyed it for the most part, save a couple of hokey moments and that annoying theme music.

18. Elle Johnston's rating of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark

Indiana Jones is just a pile of ridiculous fun.

19. yovargas's rating of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark

Haha, weeee, this is fun! Oh man, cool! Haha, yeah, awesome! Oooh, so fun! Oh no, Nazis! Yeah, take that you dumb Nazi! Weeeeee! Kick his butt, Indy! Whoa, snakes! Ahhhh!! Oooooh, sexy Indy.... that girl's kind of annoying though... grrr, screw you Belloq! Hah, get em, Indy! omg, melting Nazi faces! Ahhh, so fun! Yeah! :D A- : Would met face again.

20. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark

a classic you could rewatch every year

21. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark

3-4. Fun, but I didn't really get into it. Just recently, I gave high marks to a couple films that are mainly 'for fun' because of how well-constructed they are. But Indy's inconsequential nature in the story of the ark kind of takes something away from it. The ending is a tad anti-climactic. And the love story isn't weighty enough to be change enough for the movie. I dunno...

22. Jim Fear's rating of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark

The original. The epic.

23. ceknklsn's rating of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark

24. Shane's rating of the film Raiders of the Lost Ark

Not just one of Speilberg's finest, but one of the finest action movies.

← Previous 1 3 4