1. Danny Mansfield's rating of the film Rashômon

An iconic film that needs no formal review from me. Its status is well deserved.

2. SLionsCricket's rating of the film Rashômon

Of my many viewings of "Rashomon", this proved the most absorbing and magnetic. Kurosawa's work with his DP, Kazuo Miyagawa is a sight to behold especially as far as the lighting is concerned. There is so much dramatic power in Kurosawa's use of light and his close-up and just as much power in the film's exceptionally monumental score and the lead performances of Mifune and Kyô, both of whom are larger than life.

3. ninchok's rating of the film Rashômon

4. Julia Nogueira's rating of the film Rashômon

Uma maravilha de filme. Só faltou aqui Derzu Uzala

5. whimsicalmelancholy's rating of the film Rashômon

plotnya banyak tapi sampai akhir ceritanya ga terungkap. Kebohongan yg ujung-ujung berujung pada suatu kebenaran tentang manusia, yaitu kita semua akan menjadi subjektif tentang keadaan demi kesejahteraan diri sendiri. Gila sih aktingnya Toshiro Mifune bagus bgt, salah satu bagian terbaik filmnya.

6. Josh the Bookseller's rating of the film Rashômon

The only true stories are the ones about how no story is entirely true. Bring back Modernism.

7. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film Rashômon

Kurosawa tackles the different faces truth can have and what man is capable of doing when stripped of power and thrown off his pedestal. This is a sort of narrative that has been done to death throughout the decades, but I firmly believe this is the best example of it. The poetry in motion that Kurosawa brings to the screen is in full display here.

8. Fabiha's rating of the film Rashômon

"It's human to lie. Most of the time we can't even be honest to ourselves."

9. sebekk's rating of the film Rashômon

Human subjectivity at it's finest.

10. Chearth's rating of the film Rashômon

11. Elena's rating of the film Rashômon

Favourite Kurosawa movie, think I need to rewatch

12. Ben Nash's rating of the film Rashômon

The Usual Suspects WISHES that it was this good.

13. Eirianedd's rating of the film Rashômon

The true is not there. In any of their points of view. It never has been there. Anywhere. Introduction to the postmodern relativism.

14. Walker's rating of the film Rashômon

Kurosawa's movies are pretty much beyond criticism. I have nothing to add.

15. kartina obskura's rating of the film Rashômon

16. Dzernera's rating of the film Rashômon

While most of the time we hold truth as something self-evident, Rashomon lightly takes one to the point where "truth" can also be nothing more than just a dream or self-created reality. A place where a single happening will inevitably depend on the inner world of the one gazing at it. Remarkable movie that gives more than just a single thought on the complex world of feeling and human perceptions.

17. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Rashômon

A thoughtful and visually poetic exploration of some of mans' foibles not least the impossibility of a fidelity of memory, truth and lies. Kurosawa directs with clarity if over-emphasis in places (notably the elongated fights and restoration of a hope at the conclusion). Hayasaka's Ravelian score and Miyagawa's dappled cinematography soften the edges of so-called reality. A film with long tallons.

18. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Rashômon

It's been a while since I saw it, but I remember being impressed with the technicality. Especially a particular scene with a possessed woman...

19. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Rashômon

It's great and I understand it's influence on so much cinema after its release, but I have always preferred other films by Kurosawa. Needs to revisit.

20. MistaRichard's rating of the film Rashômon

Kurosawa, in unparalleled style, provides us with a study on how one story can have such diverse and differing accounts, all of them inaccurate to a certain extent, subtly making the viewer question the very nature of truth. Full of rich characters and an intricate plot overflowing with philosophical undertones, this is a humble film about story, with one that'll remain in the back of your mind. Essential.

21. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Rashômon

What else is there to say about the brilliance that is Rashomon? How am I supposed to sum up my thoughts on it in only 420 characters? I've seen several of Kurosawa's films, but this was my first time watching Rashomon. It's amazing to see how influential it is. Everyone from Tarantino to Bergman has been influenced by it in some way. After over 60 years this film is still incredibly moving and powerful.

22. Mert Kaya's rating of the film Rashômon

human masterpiece about itself.

23. dordairobert's rating of the film Rashômon

24. FISCHER's rating of the film Rashômon

Sur la fragilité et la relativité du témoignage visuel, oculaire, verbal, l'ambiguïté affirmée de toute vérité, les chausse-trappes de la duplicité, un chef-d'oeuvre absolu en forme d'inflexible parabole universelle qui reste aussi un superbe monument de cinéma aux foudroyantes qualités techniques. www.cinefiches.com