1. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Return to Oz

Completely original visually and unforgettable.

2. James Mackin's rating of the film Return to Oz

If only for the scary scenes (and presence of Fairuza Balk), I like this far more than I do the original. Although, to be fair, it's not as camp.

3. Diderot's rating of the film Return to Oz

The whole thing is worth it for the part where the Gnome King taunts Dorothy with his ruby slippers.

4. João Rocha's rating of the film Return to Oz

A dark twisted fantasy, with no happy songs or anything you can relate to the original one. Return to Oz is a tripped tale (?for kids?) very avant garde for the time.

5. Dries's rating of the film Return to Oz

Niente di eclatante ma da bambino lo adoravo *_*

6. Rachel Tyler's rating of the film Return to Oz

Creepiest kid's movie ever. Talk about nightmares.

7. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Return to Oz

Better, most likely, in concept than in execution. It mostly looks very low budget and makeshift with with a very dreary Oz that often looks like it was filmed in the woods just past the suburbs. The movie has a not-quite-pro-level feel to it giving it sort of a TROLL 2 vibe. The electric therapy aspect and the wheelers are creepy. Tik Tok is a good looking contraption. But http://letterboxd.com/mharbour/films/diary/

8. Quesera,sera's rating of the film Return to Oz

I have a slight memory about this movie when I was a kid, so I search and found this movie finallyyy

9. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Return to Oz

A true worthy sequel to THE WIZARD OF OZ, featuring some of the most amazing classic special effects ever put on the screen (shame, they don't make films like this anymore). Even better than THE WIZARD OF OZ, I'd say.

10. Siavash Aliparast's rating of the film Return to Oz

The movie that f**ked me up when I was a child!

11. Alessandro Tinchini's rating of the film Return to Oz

My first movie! Seriously. This is the first movie I watched in my life, when I was a little kid. Since then, everything changed.

12. Richard's rating of the film Return to Oz

I haven't seen this yet but it sounds totally freaking awesome!

13. cbg/cbg's rating of the film Return to Oz

cinephiliac moment = the limestone cakes and molten sulfur tea that the gnome king eats.

14. ULA ZUHRA's rating of the film Return to Oz

an open invitation for a bong hit and this on the television. anyone?

15. Polyglot's rating of the film Return to Oz

''Weaugh, Teaugh, Peaugh!''

16. adrianmendizabal's rating of the film Return to Oz

This is so trippy! i love watching this when I was kid! XD

17. Jeffrey James's rating of the film Return to Oz

Headless women, flying moose couches, tic-tock! I really liked the new characters they added into the film. A film that you can never get tired of. It was wonderful now on video, as it is now on dvd!! This is how sequels should be made.

18. lizle's rating of the film Return to Oz

oh mah gosh -- an oldie forgots about the the talkin' chicken!

19. NenaNadine's rating of the film Return to Oz

I like this more then The Wizard of Oz. Still love it but this is way more my style. It's darker and somehow more believable. If this were made today it would probably look like poo. Everything would be CG, over the top, and sugar coated. Hurray for the disturbing 80's.

20. Mugino's rating of the film Return to Oz

Even as a kid, I was deeply skeptical that anything could measure up to "Wizard of Oz". Regardless, I was completely entranced. It has a serious dose of light and darkness, never pandering to children yet still magical.

21. Alex Delarge's rating of the film Return to Oz

The great editor Walter Murch and cinematographer Freddie Francis have created a wonderfully dark and very close adaptation combining two of Baum's books. Very dark and alluring with Balk's emerald eyes mirroring the crumbling jeweled city. Love it and hope the new versions (yes, they're remaking the series) use this as a guide!

22. Josh's rating of the film Return to Oz

This was one of my favorite movies as a kid. I liked the L Frank Baum books about Oz, and this one stuck a lot closer tonally to those than The Wizard of Oz (which was great for different reasons) by which I mean it's dark, weird and kind of disturbing. And the score by David Shire totally blows my gourd! I hunted it down on CD and it is so insanely good.

23. Josh Tierney's rating of the film Return to Oz

An excellent entry in that great 80s genre of puppet-centred fantasy films.

24. sayurkangkung's rating of the film Return to Oz

Really dark compared to the 1939 one, but hell i like it, in guilty pleasure sort of way..