1. gleclair's rating of the film Rocky

If you're a person who likes Rocky and talks down about anime, well guess that buddy, Rocky is a quintessential sports anime.

2. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Rocky

A gritty realisation of 70's urban America, like Friends of Eddie Coyle or Mean Streets, but lighter. Over time, corny marketing (and the 80's) changed Rocky Balboa into a parody of himself, yelling 'Adrian' to appease the crowds, and jogging with kids, dogs, UFO's... But before all that, it's in this raw story of a man fighting against the odds that he lives on as a Hero.

3. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Rocky

3-4. I'm pleasantly surprised that this is actually a slice-of-life film about being a loser in the grand scheme of things, as opposed to being a typical sports movie. Since Stallone wrote the movie, there are definitely bits of dialogue that come off clunky, but a little verbal clunkiness also feels real to the atmosphere of Philly. He also earns points for giving almost all the main characters individual arcs.

4. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Rocky

A story about the american class system. About the pain of being a loser and knowing that. Apollo Creed manages to be Muhammad Ali and OJ Simpson at the same time. The best american film of the 70's.

5. hamsa's rating of the film Rocky

I LOVE THE ENTIRE ROCKY SERIES and have watched it a thousand time.

6. auloel's rating of the film Rocky

I love when Adrian and Rocky play in one scene.

7. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Rocky

8. diamondwithnoshine's rating of the film Rocky

9. ceknklsn's rating of the film Rocky

10. James Mackin's rating of the film Rocky

Sylvester Stallone, at times, makes a good film. I don't know if it deserved the Oscar, but hey, it's a good film.

11. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Rocky

A lonely man is given an opportunity he didn't earn but he certainly deserved. Of course people give him shit over it.

12. Star Lord's rating of the film Rocky

Rocky 1. 4,5 per uno dei classici del cinema USA.

13. - Caltiki -'s rating of the film Rocky

14. Diego Carrera's rating of the film Rocky

Was this supposed to be so predictable?

15. EYELASHMITE's rating of the film Rocky

The life of an amateur boxer rather than a film about boxing. Sort of impressed by its qualities.

16. film_lies101's rating of the film Rocky

The script/acting/dialogue feels like its part of acting workshop and not a proper film. Dope theme song though

17. Thomas's rating of the film Rocky

Somehow it took me over thirty years after its release before I finally watched this. Call me a spoilsport but I found it disappointing.

18. yovargas's rating of the film Rocky

What an odd, sweet, surprising little movie this is. It's not really a boxing movie; it's a slice-of-life about a simple guy who happens to box a guy at the end. Most of the film we just follow Rocky around his days as he sees friends, walks the neighborhood, chats up a girl, talks to his boss. Normal stuff from a normal guy (until it's not). It should be boring but somehow it's quite endearing. I give it a solid B.

19. Chris_Parker's rating of the film Rocky

Stallone doesn't bother with reading the script anymore. He just checks that there's a scene where he uncontrollably yells out in public about his short-comings and his will to stop living the life he's trapped in.

20. Quigley's rating of the film Rocky

Finally. Finally. The sport film we've all be waiting for. FINALLY! A white man loses.

21. Nina's rating of the film Rocky

22. Bodybuildahhh's rating of the film Rocky

This is a real classic. Too bad movies like this aren t created anymore! ahhw well at least i can be my own rocky with my Body Mass Fast training program www.buildbodymassfast.com

23. Sean Marcus Glazar's rating of the film Rocky

In an era where Midnight Cowboy, Network, Bonnie and Clyde, Chinatown, and Taxi Driver were showing you the dark, gritty side of American life, Rocky showed America that the good guys can win again. The Italian Stallion is a national icon.

24. hoffinmedia's rating of the film Rocky

It's hard to pick my favorite scenes from the movie. I love the chemistry between Rocky and Adrian (Shire). When he's talking to door and she finally comes out and then stops to look in the mirror. It's a thing of beauty. <a href="http://www.vriendinnengezocht.net">vriendinnen</a> <a href="http://www.sieradenbeurs.net">sieraden</a>