1. spasmolytic's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

ultimate cringe, director to blame

2. Dan's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

The most stylish and gorgeously art directed film of the 90s had a man in drag lip sync to "Young Hearts Run Free," a house party at Chapultepec Castle and a lot of old English puns. Somewhat surprisingly though... Claire and Leo weren't hired just because they're both pretty.

3. stopyunn's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

4. Cherry's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

I studied this in depth visually for my English GCSE and comparing it to the text Luhrmann had some interesting aesthetic concepts. But essentially it just does not work in my opinion, it's chaotic and the second half is poor. Clare Danes is one of my least favourite actresses I find her insufferable.

5. traumatrash's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

Great Mercutio, great Tybalt, and the last time anyone made Baz hold back on his visual styling.

6. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

To be honest, it doesn't sound fun when you keep killing 90s heartthrob Leonardo DiCaprio in movies.

7. Hyperion_333's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

It is truly astonishing how incapable the majority of the cast are of reciting Shakespeare with any semblance of rhythm.

8. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

Great flair and brightness, but not a very good idea

9. Balthaz21's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

10. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

Shakespeare reduced to a tin can, noisily kicked around in this frenetic and somewhat patronising attempt to 'modernise' and open up something that was perfectly timeless and straightforward as it was. Zeffirelli had his cake and ate it.

11. hamsa's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

like every other romeo and Juliet movie

12. apriccot's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

slow beginning kinda cool acting postlethwaite is life

13. Elle Johnston's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

As a Shakespeare lover, I tend to prefer the stage versions but this movie hit me hard. I'm still hoping that Luhrmann does another Shakespeare.

14. Khach Glauberrocha's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

atomic energy flow, pure loved it after watching many years later

15. alchimia's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

I only liked Leo and Claire togheter, the rest was pretty lame

16. roseros's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

Soundtrack to my teenage dreams. Romeo & Juliet and Gattaca pretty much encapsulate my childhood, longing for something extraordinary, fantastical, not knowing the future. Always loved these films and always will.

17. aaa093's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

"Be so not long to speak, I long to die."

18. melis.'s rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

19. James Mackin's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

If only for Jaime Kennedy reciting Shakespeare, this film is a hoot. A bad hoot, but a hoot nonetheless.

20. Antonio Petre's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

21. ikkini's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

William, ne regarde pas... Non, non, William, attention, ne regarde pas !!!!

22. JasonAv's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

23. R Janett Specialle's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

24. Patrick John's rating of the film Romeo + Juliet

I will echo what the other commented say here, "ridiculous but [wildly] entertaining," plus DiCaprio's magnificent performance

← Previous 1 3 4