1. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film Scenes from the Life of Andy Warhol: Friendships and Intersections

I am more fascinated by our fascination with these subjects than I am fascinated by these subjects. With each passing year they grow more vain and solipsistic to me....and I wonder at my own youthful obsession with this vapid crowd: How I was enamored. Now they just bore me to tears. Pop Art probed the mythos of western culture to its extremes but so many more interesting things were going on during these years.

2. Richard Doyle's rating of the film Scenes from the Life of Andy Warhol: Friendships and Intersections

Mekas compiles Super 8 footage of Andy Warhol in different social contexts ... parties, gallery openings, at his beach house ... with various friends and family members. Your enjoyment will be proportional to your enjoyment of just sitting and watching cool images (mine is rather high). One of the real highlights is the Velvet Underground score.

3. Jason's rating of the film Scenes from the Life of Andy Warhol: Friendships and Intersections

Mekas is one of the most important filmmakers. As an American filmmaker, an immigrant filmmaker, a "he who remembers." He primarily remembers w/ his kino machine. He remembers achingly, in spasms, in pulses of light, in heavy grain. Form for him involves swirling, eddying, and dissipation. His films feel like they are disappearing, but they are asserting immortality; not there own immortality - immortality itself.

4. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Scenes from the Life of Andy Warhol: Friendships and Intersections

Filmed in super 8, unspoken, nice, rough material.

5. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Scenes from the Life of Andy Warhol: Friendships and Intersections

Not too exciting footage of Warhol's daily life with Velvet Underground's music in the background.

6. Chichago_'s rating of the film Scenes from the Life of Andy Warhol: Friendships and Intersections

There are many interesting frames and I do love how raw and scattered it is. However, it gets pretty boring when I reached the first 15 minutes; knowing that I still have to watch this kind of footages for another 20 minutes. If only this film last for about 15 minutes, I think would enjoy it more.

7. Ioana's rating of the film Scenes from the Life of Andy Warhol: Friendships and Intersections

Engaging in its own streaming way, following different rhythms, but somehow keeping you hooked.

8. Slow Immersion [Joe]'s rating of the film Scenes from the Life of Andy Warhol: Friendships and Intersections

2.5 - One of Mekas weaker efforts - and a horrible horrible soundtrack. Quite a challenge to have to watch so many scenes of Warhol's plastic face which resembles a ventriloquist’s dummy, rather than a human!