1. Adam GR's rating of the film Silence

Weird. Strange performances, those accents....I love how much Scorsese preserves world cinema, but America fails to comprehend Eastern sensibility. I like Scorsese's trademark tone in this form, and Garfield, and the El Greco Christ face motif. I like that the dénouement was a deconstruction. But those accents....I don't think I can forgive

2. Justwibi's rating of the film Silence

Silence tells the movie about "screaming" people.

3. Stein Ove Lien's rating of the film Silence

4. blkrchs's rating of the film Silence

5. IKB 191's rating of the film Silence

6. Nick's rating of the film Silence

Scorsese's masterpiece. This is a beautiful film of passion that should floor even the most cynical atheist. I know this because it floored me, a cynical atheist.

7. Max.Madrid's rating of the film Silence

8. Jose Sarmiento Hinojosa's rating of the film Silence

Scorsese's best film from the last 20 years. A quiet, meditative masterpiece that will bore and annoy the hell out of the unprepared, pop-corn consuming audience.

9. Anna Filodor's rating of the film Silence

stunning renunciation part, but all the rest is tiresome boring

10. MisterColo93's rating of the film Silence

11. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Silence

Accettata l'inspiegabile anglofonia dei portoghesi, mi sono reso conto che sarebbe potuto essere uno di quei film belli, ma belli davvero, se non fosse stato per la necessità di Scorsese di rendere tutto più digeribile rispetto al capolavoro originale di Shinoda. Vanno ringraziati il soggetto giapponese originale e la ricca fotografia di Prieto per la valutazione finale positiva. Una grossa occasione non sfruttata.

12. Graveyard Poet's rating of the film Silence

Scorsese's most spiritual film--a more mature and serious Scorsese than the absurd DiCaprio collaborations (The Departed and Wolf of Wall St. are his most overblown and worst movies.) There are moments in this story which are moving, however, the entire experience leans too heavily on austerity and theological debates. Mean Streets is still Martin's best because it embraces both the sacred and the sordid.

13. Saaam's rating of the film Silence

powerful story ... beautiful cinematography ... masterpiece in direction

14. Nathan Silva's rating of the film Silence

Visually beautiful, painfully boring.

15. rainarakhma's rating of the film Silence

The rating i represent for the beauty of the cinematography (who i think the best point in this film) despite the story maybe too slow and some part maybe unnecessary but i think its represent the novel very well (I read that novel too).

16. bibonoaozora's rating of the film Silence

17. jonijtr's rating of the film Silence

there's too many things gone wrong in such "25 years" passion project, but therefore, you can see Scorsese's verve in this character-study epic, flawed masterpiece (sadly, a pretty big flaw)

18. Jérôme's rating of the film Silence

Shin'Ya Tsukamoto bordel

19. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film Silence

Grand in both of it scope and themes, Scorsese's SILENCE is an amazing showcase of the director ability to create an epic film. But, as any passion project, it shows the problems of Scorsese love for the subject: it lacks focus and it don't do justice for its great themes. It's a bumpy, pretty ride.

20. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Silence

Molto bella la prima ora e mezza, un po' deludente la conclusione, purtroppo

21. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Silence

A masterwork, despite itself. I'm, heretically, not too fond of Scorsese but his script here is powerful enough to make him go as austere as he can. It just melded itself into my mind. A story of not just religion but conviction of any ideology. A glorious reaction to the postmodernism of our time.

22. reyda.ozaltug's rating of the film Silence

4 stars for cinematography..

23. Levi Miah's rating of the film Silence

In foregoing his usual attention to technical cleanliness, Scorsese - now taking risks - finally blossoms. The construction serves the emotions of the protagonist over the plot. Expressionistic sound design - from high noise floors to total silence - and the repetitive and elongated nature of the structure pay off emotionally. It's all brought together by masterful visuals channeling classic Japanese cinema.

24. bryanvmh's rating of the film Silence