1. Ramzi's rating of the film Slacker

Great premise, great atmosphere and a wonderfully cool film. An offbeat tour of a town. People who were largely excluded from popular culture. My gripe is that some of the conversations haven't aged well. Many characters come across as blowhards. Hipster doofuses. I understand that was at least part of the intention, but you know.

2. Ethan's rating of the film Slacker

This is an incredible film that almost feels like a documentary with very few cuts and a continuous stream of human interaction that perfectly captures the atmosphere of Austin, Texas.

3. cinebaby's rating of the film Slacker

Linklater at his most relaxed, philosophical and authentic.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Slacker

Le premier long métrage du metteur en scène de "Before Sunrise", qui reste un incontournable document sur les représentants de la fameuse "génération X"... www.cinefiches.com

5. Eric Ortiz García's rating of the film Slacker

6. Mariana Filipa's rating of the film Slacker

I love you Linklater <3 that perche tho

7. Mariana Basílio's rating of the film Slacker

the microphone had an oscar worthy perfomance

8. Diogo Pires's rating of the film Slacker

It's really amazing how Linklater did such an entertaining, fun, smart and interesting movie with such a small budget. And it was only his second work.

9. Valentin Alexandru's rating of the film Slacker

10. Nathan Silva's rating of the film Slacker

Classic Linklater. 20 minutes in I was already bored to tears.

11. f-nanda's rating of the film Slacker

Im working, but Im not working for you. NO. SLACK MOTHERFUCKER.

12. Elephants_Gerald's rating of the film Slacker

Considering the class of films that make the camera into a character, I'd have to say this film contains my favorite character of all time. Linklater's camera in SLACKER is curious, sly, grinning, bemused, empathetic, humanistic & sarcastic. It's a boring film to some – to me, it's an ingenious way to connect a bunch of first-rate short stories, all of them a defiant celebration of smart losers. My favorite movie.

13. saitosouta's rating of the film Slacker

I've heard this is funny comedy with doodling conversation & loose atmosphere, but I'm very startled actually how complicatedly paranoiac, horrifyingly ominous this movie is. People who cling to insane conspiracy theories like Don Delillo, strange vanishing & absurd premonition of death, depression with enclosure by city called Austin, confrontational anxiety after cold war. For me, this is horror film. Depressing.

14. thomasjeff16's rating of the film Slacker

15. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film Slacker

16. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Slacker

Ein normaler Hollywood Film lässt die Protagonisten in Phrasen sprechen, um sich dabei auf seine Geschichte zu konzentrieren. Aus seinen Slackers wurde DER Kinotyp der 90er und heute ist diese Art und Weise, über das Leben zu philosophieren längst im Mainstream angekommen. (Dazu gibts unsere Film List über das Kino von Richard Linklater auf der Empfehlungsseite unserer Videothek cinegeek.de

17. maría f guerrero's rating of the film Slacker

the thief n old dude, pap smear girl and the tv weirdo were like the coolest things ever.

18. James Mackin's rating of the film Slacker

A great experiment in cinema, a day in the life of the people of a city.

19. CynthiaHo's rating of the film Slacker

20. Jason's rating of the film Slacker

Its not out of line to claim that the Austin of the early nineties was comparable to San Francisco in 1967 as a kind of civic manifestation of a certain generational gestalt. Austin = it. It was a perfect microcosm for the new North American youth movement (which was no movement). Linklater offers a sly generational portrait. Austin and a day. The way Ulysses was Dublin and a day. Ulysses, incidentally, is quoted.

21. smndvdcl's rating of the film Slacker

Major influence on mumblecore and a vibrant launchpad for the multi-faceted career of Mr. Linklater.

22. Caden M's rating of the film Slacker

Pretty damn funny when you take the time to listen to all the things coming out of the mouths of these characters. Well conceived and well executed as well. Don't come here looking for any sort of narrative. Rather, ask yourself what it means to be a slacker. Is that a good thing?

23. Vincent T's rating of the film Slacker

24. JMKE's rating of the film Slacker

madonna's pap smear is a great band name

← Previous 1 3 4 5