1. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Sleuth

A generally leaden interpretation of a spry psycho-drama. It’s played like a rep production on a Wednesday afternoon with Olivier slipping too easily into his familiar fortissimo flourishes with Caine somewhat stymied by his limited vocal range. The denouement is a mile coming and what may work effectively as theatre-craft here creaks off the screen with the joins showing. Stick to Shaffer’s Christie adaptations.

2. Corriel's rating of the film Sleuth

Great acting and good plot.

3. riraru's rating of the film Sleuth

4. jessetaylor's rating of the film Sleuth

The production design here is sensational - Wyke's manor is a character in and of itself and the traps, games, and other automata are truly fun and oftentimes spooky. Michael Caine and Sir Laurence Olivier are incredible together and the acting pas de deux they showcase is unmatched by most every other film duo.

5. ......'s rating of the film Sleuth

"Sex is the game, wedding is the penalty!" What a wonderful film. Sublime performance by Laurence Olivier. I know I'm in the minority but I found the 2007 remake just as enjoyable.

6. FISCHER's rating of the film Sleuth

Merveilleux et subtil petit film où le spectateur est sans cesse en porte-à-faux, balayé, envoûté au gré d'un scénario fertile en rebondissements et en chausse-trapes d'une étonnante sophistication, dans lequel on se laisse délicieusement enferrer... www.cinefiches.com

7. Gyseltrut's rating of the film Sleuth

Such a gripping, brilliant adaptation of Shaffer's play.

8. postblueink's rating of the film Sleuth

9. el.'s rating of the film Sleuth

Such wonderful dialogue; it's always impressive when that element carries the whole film through and it's so much fun to keep up.

10. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film Sleuth

It's an adaptation of an award-winning play, a tense battle of wits with lots of twists and darkly comedic dialogue, and it features two English acting greats bringing their A-game to the material. In short, it's a film that's practically tailor-made for me to love.

11. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Sleuth

12. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Sleuth

This is the original version. Contrary to common reviews the remake is better. Why? (1) Unnecessarily overlong, you can easily cut-off the boring first hour completely; and there are hangovers. (2) Lawrence Olivier is not the appropriate cast, he has got a strong tendency to drag this into comedy. (3) This is not a comedy, it is a psycho duel. And this "duel-character" falls short at times.

13. Erik F.'s rating of the film Sleuth

Riveting and very clever. Perfect entertainment.

14. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film Sleuth

Quite different from the remake, but I liked the new one better. It was much more authentic.

15. Mr. Dude_o_o's rating of the film Sleuth

16. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Sleuth

17. joey Noodles's rating of the film Sleuth

This is a stunning thriller, two stunning performances with one of the best scripts ever written, certainly. A great film in which you never know what is coming next.

18. Johnny K's rating of the film Sleuth

Part parody of the Golden Age of detective fiction and part psychological thriller, SLEUTH is such a fun film to watch. I love it.

19. Sudipto Basu's rating of the film Sleuth

Class. That's the core of this film. Surprising how Mankiewicz borrowed techniques radically different from the classical Hollywood style which he's mostly associated with.

20. Justabloodygame's rating of the film Sleuth

My favorite movie of all time... two of Britan's finest actors, a crackling witty script and enough twists to populate a maze makes for a heavenly combo.

21. Mr.Wolf's rating of the film Sleuth

1000 better than the adaptation, even when I saw the adaptation first. Fantastic movie, kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Loved the Character or Milo Tindle both Caines and Laws preformance.

22. lauli's rating of the film Sleuth

This film is BRILLIANT. It's the best I've seen from Mankiewicz, and the acting duel is simply superb.

23. chanandre's rating of the film Sleuth