1. Renton47's rating of the film Solaris

Solaris the remake reflects our own susceptibility to surface pleasures, its sheen and stark beauty a refinement of a rambling endeavor. Fitting for a rework that examines the surfaces of memory, in the process creating a powerful statement about the construction of certain feminine ideals. That its own sadness and sexiness is a consequence of this fugue feels masterful, not to begin its sound + prod design.

2. willythesalesman's rating of the film Solaris

I struggle with this. I mean there are some laughably bad parts, mainly in the beginning. "the pope's a great woman" and the 9/11 group meeting (fucking serious?). Some of the space scenes and moods are beautiful, especially the docking scene. The score is top stuff. But everything else? I don't know. It bored me halfway through, and wasn't all that poignant.

3. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Solaris

In a way it is sad that this is always judged against the original. This movie is so fantastic in its own right. The double narrative tension that evolves in the regular timeline and the flashbacks is truly amazing. Much more than in Tarkovsky's film we dive into the psychology of the main character and it is truly touching. Furthermore the minimal approach and great soundtrack really elevates its melancholy.

4. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Solaris

Getting to a similar place as the 1972 original from a different direction, a humanist and romantic take on the search for connection in the depths of space and ourselves.

5. Rachel Tyler's rating of the film Solaris

slow, dull, and mysterious for an American movie...clunky, obvious, and fast-paced compared to Tarkovsky's masterpiece.

6. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Solaris

7. Ecpln's rating of the film Solaris

Etkileyici bir film, insan ruhuna uzay gemisi ile yapılan bir yolculuk.

8. ikkini's rating of the film Solaris

Musique impeccable ! Mise en scène sobre et efficace !

9. Cristal Vidrio's rating of the film Solaris

Soderbergh cagándose en todo lo bueno de este mundo. Una especie de protointerestelar. Menos mal que Lem y Tarkovski están muertos.

10. SiIencio's rating of the film Solaris

Loose adaptation of Lem's sci-fi novel which heavily gravitates around the emotional relationships & the power of reminiscence obstructing any development of scientific or metaphysical themes within the original. As a sci-fi film it becomes diluted, dull and predictable with a typical Hollywood ending only saved by a particular exceptional staging and moody soundtrack. The mysteries of Solaris remain mysterious.

11. Comadozer's rating of the film Solaris

This film winds me up so much. I have watched it five times and I feel differently — polarised — each viewing. I walked out of the cinema the first time I saw it. Scoffing. I enjoyed it the second time. Fucking LOVED it the third time. Wondered how I loved it the third time when I watched it the fourth time. And the fifth time I was fairly sure I would not watch it again. No sixth viewing. Yet.

12. vvni's rating of the film Solaris

We take off into the cosmos, ready for anything - - solitude, hardship, exhaustion, death. We're proud of ourselves. But when you think about it, our enthusiasm's a sham. We don't want other worlds; we want mirrors.

13. Seth Farmer's rating of the film Solaris

The acting is great from the two leads, and I love the focus on their relationship. The movie shines, for instance, during the Earth scenes when it's essentially a strict drama. Its sci-fi isn't as intellectually satisfying as the original's, but it is perhaps more so emotionally.

14. Brian Ho's rating of the film Solaris

Confidently, Soderberg visually directs this mesmerising and hypnotic piece. Scenes hold together well and search for deeper meaning, emotion, and character study. There's an intense amount of weight, control, and mystery. Like many sci-fi's, sound design is crucial. And with Solaris, it furthers the visuals as noises overlap to help transition between memories, dreams, and reality.

15. Henry Spencer's rating of the film Solaris

16. MudbloodNemsi's rating of the film Solaris

What say?.. Example for directors: Don't compare to Tarkovsky !! :D:D

17. Cole Caudle's rating of the film Solaris

Basically as perfect a film as you could hope for. Not a foot put wrong. The ultimate mood piece.

18. Pierre_TGO's rating of the film Solaris

Saw it yesterday, deliciously weird and mysterious. Loved the way Soderbergh describe Kelvin's feelings.

19. christo's rating of the film Solaris

this is definitely a 5 star experience. trust me.

20. Anthony's rating of the film Solaris

I also thought this film was overlooked. In an age in which all sci films seem to have explosions and ridiculous plotlines, I enjoyed this intelligent and well acted film. Certainly not a masterpiece but a quality film...

21. orangey's rating of the film Solaris

a metaphysical remake of The Thing

22. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film Solaris

so so so dull. clooney was so boring to watch

23. Stefano Leone's rating of the film Solaris

Well, even though it pales in comparison to Tarkovskij's timeless masterpiece i think this is a very good movie and very deep by holliwood standards. Didn't like Natasha's acting, Clooney is very good as Kelvin and the guy who plays Faraday in Lost basically has always the same role. And Of course the movie is enhanced by the score of the great, great Cliff Martinez. Three stars, underrated.

24. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Solaris

Though more easy to decipher and watch than Tarkovsky's original groundbreaking film this remake retains the quiet, patient, and inquisitive tone as it explores the nature of memory, humanity, and identity. And with a controlled & quality performance by Clooney & a great score by Cliff Martinez this is a good science fiction/psychological drama.