1. The Macho King's rating of the film Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures

Seen this around 2003 and about 8-9x since. Must see viewing not just for Kubrick devotees but for anybody even remotely interested in cinema.

2. smndvdcl's rating of the film Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures

I wish that the shelved project 'Aryan Papers' focusing on Goebbels was made. Kubrick's attempt to articulate contexts of WWII and the fascist extremism of the Third Reich would have been an astonishing cinematic achievement. Whilst 'Downfall' is quintessential, and 'Schindler's List', 'Inglorious Basterds' and 'The Pianist' are fairly good, I can still imagine that Kubrick would have topped them all.

3. Inês Teles Carvalhal's rating of the film Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures

4. DUTCH's rating of the film Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures

Saw this at a young, impressionable age where my only gateway into Kubrick was The Shining and knowing about the whole (non-)controversy surrounding Spielberg's A.I.: Artificial Intelligence. This put me on a path to explore all of his films and really appreciate the effort and details of them that I am forever grateful for depsite my personal opinions on some of his films not always being positive.

5. GDR's rating of the film Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures

I have always admired kubrick!.....would love to know more

6. Graham Ball's rating of the film Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures

I have always stood by the opinion that the term genius is banded about all too glibly and frequently in this day and age. Stanley Kubrick was a genius. There are very few who deserve such a solid accolade. Mr Kubrick undoubtedly does. The world is a sadder place without new Kubrick films, but irrefutably richer with the perpetually watchable and endlessly debateable works we do have.

7. Marta's rating of the film Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures

"Either you care or you don't."

8. analeorne's rating of the film Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures

a nice introduction to Kubrick, although as a K scholar i obviously find it very trivial. still, very interesting footage of Kubrick on the set.

9. Accept No Substitutions's rating of the film Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures

Much fascinating information here. My favorite part was the section on Barry Lyndon, my favorite Kubrick film, and the cameras and lenses used. My one caveat with Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures was it could have included critics who are critical of Kubrick. It was too back-patting, and Kubrick made several awful films (but many masterpieces). Addressing criticisms would have given the documentary more weight.

10. meancreek's rating of the film Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures

A great insight into the world of Kubrick.

11. flobota's rating of the film Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures

very nice ride through his life

12. thalesbanzai's rating of the film Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures

I cry the whole movie every time I see it.

13. floserber's rating of the film Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures

A really interesting and moving documentary. I already heard about all the stories and anecdotes presented in this film but it was a nice moment to spend.