1. Bob's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

The original opening along with interior Death Star scenes are among the finest of the franchise. And even Endor ambush has its moments but mostly feels like another movie that was made for TV and was forcibly mashed together with otherwise epic conclusion. Make-up effects and stop motion are at their peak along with fully developed protagonists, antiheroes and villains. Flawed classic.

2. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

Stop hating on this film and learn to love the Ewoks.... This is a worthy finale to the classic trilogy with a genuinely emotional and satisfying ending. Mark Hamil's performance is the best of the three.

3. baebsae's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

i hate that the mubi image for this movie is leia being held by jabba, let leia organa be portrayed as the huttslayer 2kforever

4. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

For all its faults, I love it still. It may not have the depth of "The Empire Strikes Back," but it does rival "A New Hope" as a piece of quality fantasy entertainment. It may have the thinnest plot of the original "Star Wars" trilogy, but it still has plenty of emotion and excitement nonetheless. Many of the special effects are dated, but rarely to the point where it takes you out of the film.

5. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

We had this one taped off of the TV with the beginning missing for years in my house. I think I thought this was the whole story for a while. The timing and choreography of the escape from the Sarlacc pit and the final lightsaber battle are just BEAUTIFUL.

6. caitlin.f's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

7. yovargas's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

A dumb ending to a dumb story. An onslaught of ugly, dull muppet things. Several overlong and forgettable action sequences. A story so thin it's barely a story. And a climax that goes for an emotional pay off it hasn't remotely begun to earn and wouldn't be that satisfying even if it had. Minus the nostalgia, there's very little here to recommend. It gets a C- PS - C3PO is still annoying as fuck.

8. maddening cloud's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

the best yet most underhyped film of the original trilogy - ok fuck that metal bikini tho

9. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

Despite some terrific sequences (the opening heist to save Han and the confrontation on the second Death Star) it is far to interested in the ewoks and inapropriate silliness to be great.

10. zohen lux's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

i love ewoks because i am a child (I WROTE THIS A FEW MONTHS AGO AND I THINK I'VE GROWN A LOT SINCE THEN BECAUSE I REWATCHED THIS FILM AND THE EWOKS ARE ANNOYING LITTLE FUCKS)

11. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

Luke Skywalker's journey to transcend the limitations of the Dark and the Light to become his own man and save his fallen father covers for the uninspired repetition of the Death Star trench run.

12. James Mackin's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

Ewoks are unnecessary fun. Rewatching this, I found it had grown on me, but there is still a big part of me that wishes David Lynch directed this.

13. Chris's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

okay but why was anakin's ghost so young?? 9/10

14. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

15. Damazama21's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

Probably the 'worst' film in the trilogy - but it's still fantastic. I don't understand why a lot of people hate it.

16. Star Lord's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

Star Wars Episodio 6 - Il ritorno dello Jedi. 4,5.

17. Nadia's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

Jabba's scenes makes me think in... MUPPET'S movies. I understand that the film has revolutionized the cinema due to the special effects but... This is boring and poorly done. The actors are bad. And this is one of the "classics" of cinema? What a disappointment!

18. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

Nur ein kleiner Moment, doch er vermag so viel zu erzählen über die Magie von Star Wars: Luke Skywalker kämpft gegen das schleimige Monster Jabba the Hutt, dass durch eine fallende Tür zerquetscht wird. Kurz erhaschen wir den Blick auf einen muskelbepackten Untergebenen Jabbas, der weint. Er trauert um seine Kreatur... mehr auf cinegeek.de

19. Nathan Hopkins's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

While Return of the Jedi fails to surpass its predecessor (which is a tough order, to be fair), it is a satisfying and enjoyable conclusion to the Star Wars story. Great film, great trilogy, which together kicked off (for better or worse) the Blockbuster era of Hollywood.

20. Lintang A.'s rating of the film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

21. Zac Weber's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

The only scenes that really standout for me involve Jabba, and Luke's confrontation with Lord Vader and the emperor. Everything from the dialogue between Lando and Nien Nunb to the sexualization of Princess Leia feels shallow, and many of the characters feel like they're a cross between the muppets and Steven Spielberg's Hook. Episode IV and V hold up incredibly well, but Return of the Jedi is laughably bad at times.

22. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

Of the original trilogy, this is the one I connected with least. Even as a kid, I could tell that the concept (and/or execution) had grown tired.

23. yennefer's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

The weakest of the original trilogy. Visually there's too many muppets and bad CGI to not feel a little bit dated but its biggest flaw lays in its story. There is little development from the events of Episode V and the few bits of action present are boring. Not only does Luke's character get old quickly but I was also left with the wish to see more of Carrie Fisher's excellent performance as Princess Leia.

24. bencor's rating of the film Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

Star War Fact#6 THis is the Death Ball. This is what the whole problem is about. Everybody hates this thing and wants to blow it up because it is just too big and it blew up Earth. It is Star War's house. But you can blow it up by going into a secret ditch and shooting it in the blow hole.- Trvor Moore

← Previous 1 3 4