1. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Stardust Memories

2. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Stardust Memories

7.5/10, bello sto remake di 8 1/2

3. Dalibor's rating of the film Stardust Memories

One of Woody's most (if not the most!) personal work. A challenging and layered autobiography of "certain artists" juggle between deepening personal crises and growing public image, scripted and edited like a stream of thoughts and/or a semi-engaged meditation. Right of the start and until the ending scene, a clear stab at cynical film industry, along with insightful reflections on his usual topics.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Stardust Memories

Malgré une dose de narcissisme quelquefois insupportable et certaines redites dans le discours, Woody Allen mérite cette fois-ci encore toute notre sympathie. L'humour du réalisateur, de plus en plus grinçant, agresse avec délectation la médiocrité du commun des mortels et la bêtise d'une certaine intelligentsia... www.cinefiches.com

5. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Stardust Memories

It's a wonderful film on its own, maybe not quite as palatable as '8 1/2' if you compare them. The biggest difference for me was seeing Allen as his own subject; he isn't sexy or 'cool' in any way and it was tough for me to see him obsessively fawned over for 90 min. straight, even if it was an obvious exaggeration. You just know that this man is actually this far up his own ass..nonetheless, something spectacular.

6. Balthaz21's rating of the film Stardust Memories

7. SpacePirate's rating of the film Stardust Memories

Good, not great film. Allen plays a filmmaker having a midlife crisis and hates how his fans wont accept that hes not the same man he was 5-10 yrs ago. Being a musician, the film is super relatable, I just thought it was a bit heavy handed. Allen blended comedy and drama/self reflection better in later films, but this is a big one in his canon, his first big middle finger to the Hollywood establishment. 3.5 stars

8. Bertrand Queysan's rating of the film Stardust Memories

9. truffraud's rating of the film Stardust Memories

on par with manhattan. woody, once again, is a creep, and his ideas of romance are disgusting (there's a bit about flirting with a 13 y/o, about being attracted to one's parents, and cheating is rampant). the images are beautiful, and the last 20 minutes of surreality are captivating. woody is unapologetically autobiographical, and i hate that he weakens the ladies in his movies. he really doesn't get women at all.

10. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Stardust Memories

A good double feature with 8 1/2, this one really draws off of that film and Fellini in general. Overall though, quite not the magnum opus that film is.

11. Leif Erikson's rating of the film Stardust Memories

To you, I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the loyal opposition.

12. ughchenausea's rating of the film Stardust Memories

13. Alex Pintică's rating of the film Stardust Memories

14. Igor Ramos's rating of the film Stardust Memories

Oh, the shenanigans Allen had to came up with just to rub his hands all over Charlotte Rampling in the name of art... I thought the film was a pretentious and sort of lazy take on a film director facing a creative/emotional pseudo-crisis. Allen may deny this was autobiographical, but I mean... it was, right? I don't, I felt that Rampling was just too good for this boring film.

15. wiwitaek's rating of the film Stardust Memories

one way to express an admiration to Federico Fellini

16. BernardoDiniz's rating of the film Stardust Memories

Typical Woody Allen funny existential crisis but in a more European way.

17. Ethan's rating of the film Stardust Memories

This is Woody Allen's 8 1/2.

18. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Stardust Memories

19. Mr. Smifff's rating of the film Stardust Memories

This Woody Allen remake of 8 1/2 is absolutely stunning from start to finish. I adore this underrated gem of Allen's filmography. Charlotte Rampling stood out for putting on one of the finest performances I've ever seen. If you want to see how different Woody Allen and his idol, Federico Fellini really are, watch this after 8 1/2.

20. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Stardust Memories

The films tend to collapse into themselves, but the actors aspire to another fate.

21. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Stardust Memories

22. Bogdan Liviu's rating of the film Stardust Memories

"To you, I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the loyal opposition. "

23. ehk2's rating of the film Stardust Memories

24. José Neves's rating of the film Stardust Memories

If we continue to look at films by what they exhibit and not by and how they are made, maybe we'll keep on ignoring its relevance. From a composite film of very clear references, including his own humor mark, Allen finds the exact form of matter that memory-dreams are made, the stardust of its title, combining in a multi-layered structure the immense beauty of Gordon Willis cinematography. A free-complex-form joint.

← Previous 1 3 4