1. Tyler Wright's rating of the film Straw Dogs

It's hard to believe the original is one of director Rod Lurie's favorite films. You'd think the crew both absolutely hated the original and their careers with such a load of shit like this.

2. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Straw Dogs

Fine as a standalone, but you'll wonder why they bothered as a remake

3. ULA ZUHRA's rating of the film Straw Dogs

dude have you seen the poster??????? HAVE YOU SEEN THE POSTER?? OH THE BLASPHEMY

4. gaffordKINO's rating of the film Straw Dogs

There's only one person fit to direct a remake of Straw Dogs. I think John Hillcoat. But even then, why remake an already amazing film?

5. NoOneJones's rating of the film Straw Dogs

Having seen several "inside and first looks" for this one, I've yet to hear even one iota of a mention towards Peckinpah himself. I hope his ghost haunts these people forever.

6. Matt's rating of the film Straw Dogs

7. Howard Orr's rating of the film Straw Dogs

Kind of a marriage of a transplanted Peckinpah "Straw Dogs" and typical generic US horror "I Spit On Your Grave" exploitation, with James Marsden as the world's prettiest screenwriter. The relocation of the story to the Deep South is too neat a fit, with it's cookie-cutter associations with religion, degeneracy and guns. And oh! the town's called Blackwater, complete with the bear print. I get Xe point...

8. Matt Keane's rating of the film Straw Dogs

Funny how everyone's judging this before they've seen it. I guess that's what happens when you mess with a sacred cow. I love the original (although I do have issues with 'that' scene) and I'm interested to see this remake. Roger Ebert gave it a very good review, going as far as to claim that's it's better than the original. Now that would surprise me, but I'm keeping an open mind.

9. Scout Tafoya's rating of the film Straw Dogs

Here's my issue: they decide to remake Peckinpah and no one fucking calls me to make sure they aren't fucking up one of the greatest movies ever made.

10. Ryan Estabrooks's rating of the film Straw Dogs

Wow, this trailer looks like shit. I don't think they really understood what made the original work, seeing the things that they decided to change.

11. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film Straw Dogs

so i asked someone who had never heard of the original straw dogs or sam peckinpah watch the trailer for this version and they said it looked ok. alls i know is that i didn't really like the first one and i probably won't see this one.

12. NICOLE86's rating of the film Straw Dogs

13. hella dumb and felling bad's rating of the film Straw Dogs

14. 4LOM's rating of the film Straw Dogs

Das Holzhammer-Remake eines Klassikers.

15. Publius's rating of the film Straw Dogs

A sound, if watered down version ruined by generic Hollywood editing and an atrocious, intrusive, incongruous soundtrack.

16. Partner in der Kriminalität's rating of the film Straw Dogs

1 good kill does not justify 90 minutes of my night wasted. I know that 95% of things that happen in movies are not possible but some of this stuff just had me scratching my head. I worked in a restaurant for years but I've never seen oil boil. Then it gets thrown on some guys face and he is still running around?!! No never wouldn't happen. So many more things to complain about not enough room to type it all.

17. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Straw Dogs

A lot of this "Straw Dogs" remake is well filmed and well staged and there are some good performances but, ultimately, it relies too constantly on people doing stupid things for stupid reasons for me to buy in and care.

18. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Straw Dogs

Better than expected with strong turns from Bosworth and Woods. Marsden does not work at all and I'm not sure about Skarsgård's performance.

19. Xurxo G Penalta's rating of the film Straw Dogs

embarrassingly bad. terribly miscast. sad remake.

20. Agustin Alturria's rating of the film Straw Dogs

I liked this remake, City Vs. Country with tons of sex tension and violence.

21. vordven's rating of the film Straw Dogs

22. Max's rating of the film Straw Dogs

Kate Bosworth was good, even though this film isn't crazy about women. James Woods is wasted, even though he's game. the guy replacing Dustin Hoffman is so unlikeable I wanted him to get shot in the woods. and the smug ending, "I got them all". everything good it apes from the first. it's the worst kind of remake.

23. pivic's rating of the film Straw Dogs

This was a simple take on the original film, by Sam Peckinpah, starring Dustin Hoffman. Sure, there's sexual tension under the surface, but it quickly goes over the surface in a bad way. It could have been subtle and not as ham-fisted as I thought it was, and the end is just too teenage-y. It was shot 1960s and the locations were nice, but as a whole it's just an action film where it could have been a great thriller.

24. earman's rating of the film Straw Dogs

Not as good as the original but worth a view for its own merits.