1. mootz15's rating of the film Suffragette

an almost Soviet-style propaganda film masquerading as a punchy account of an often ignored episode in the women's movement. Meryl Streep in the role of Len....I mean Pankhurst has fewer dimensions than the mayor of Flatland though Mulligan as the working-class washerwoman just about carries the main storyline. Ironically the most incongruous (i.e. believable) character is that of Whishaw's puppy-eyed patriarch.

2. nadnab's rating of the film Suffragette

3. Laura Ivaškėvičiūte's rating of the film Suffragette

YES!!! I feel like there are a few things missing in this but it's a good film.

4. Francisco Félix's rating of the film Suffragette

5. Minna's rating of the film Suffragette

6. Camille Gsd's rating of the film Suffragette

7. Gabriella F's rating of the film Suffragette

I already love Carey Mulligan but damn she was good in this one.

8. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Suffragette

Bella ambientazione, non valorizzata a dovere, che descrive bene la realtà dell'epoca. Protagonista senza mordente che risulta una figura di contorno. Pellicola molto dicotomica, ma che crea interesse per la causa delle suffragette. Il finale, ad effetto, non risulta potente come dovrebbe. Le suffragette sono un po' stereotipate, ma esprimono forza. Troppo tendente al dramma e poco ritmato, ma non da disprezzare.

9. auloel's rating of the film Suffragette

10. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Suffragette

Despite its limitations, this is a finely crafted British film

11. MarcelVonPure's rating of the film Suffragette

12. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Suffragette

Filme über politische Bewegungen haben meist zwei Probleme: Entweder filtern sie das Geschehen durch die individuelle Perspektive einer einzelnen Person oder sie verrennen sich im Versuch, ein emotional komplexes Panorama herzustellen. Suffragette hat von beiden Problemen etwas... mehr auf cinegeek.de

13. Linda's rating of the film Suffragette

everybody should watch this to educate themselves! of course this film shows only one side of this movement but still! Also: I was hoping she would smash the flat iron in that assholes face, but hey the hand is good, too!

14. AugusteB's rating of the film Suffragette

The only thing which moved me was the last image of the real women marching in 1918.

15. etblikk's rating of the film Suffragette

" I would rather be a rebel than a slave" Exstra stjerne for viktigheten av å fortelle en historie som er SÅ viktig, og SÅ lite kjent!

16. riraru's rating of the film Suffragette

Angenehm unprätentiös, unsexy und nur wenig kitschig und gefällig. Viel gelernt. Ehret die Frauen!

17. Justwibi's rating of the film Suffragette

sometime the character is not strong enough but saved by the disturbing scene. great cast too!

18. nvmore's rating of the film Suffragette

19. Inês M Almeida's rating of the film Suffragette

" I would rather be a rebel than a slave." "Never surrender. Never give up the fight."

20. etilen's rating of the film Suffragette

You want me to respect the law? Then make the law respectable. (good story, bad storytelling)

21. Nuno Azevedo's rating of the film Suffragette

"You want me to respect the law? Then make the law respectable."

22. Laura Lavorato's rating of the film Suffragette

It is by all means a well acted, decent costume drama. Somehow though I feel as if it fails to leave a mark. At times historical events seem squeezed in for the sake of it (almost feel rushed). Underwhelming, considering the powerful subject and the real-life stories of these women.

23. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Suffragette

What should have been a catching and powerful work, becomes a conventional, tepid melodrama.

24. Alex's rating of the film Suffragette