1. Not A Sexy Vampire's rating of the film Sweet Movie

One of the most revolting, fascinating films I've ever seen. Is it about the chaos of unrepressed pleasure? Or the intersection of sex and politics ala WR? I don't know. Like a lighthearted version of Salo or the dinner party scene in Texas Chainsaw, this is unsettling on a core level. But you find yourself shaken, wondering what raw nerve it hit. Some impossible to forget images and moments. This messed me up.

2. dionysus67's rating of the film Sweet Movie

Uncomfortable to watch and a little distasteful at points, Makavejev's film constructs a post-historical carnival of political repression and sexual libertinism, both undergirded by a politics of seduction. This burlesque orgy of somatic fusions finds at its antipodes the excess of 'consuming' the body: Stalinist and capitalist. Impossible to film today, it features a haunting Hatzidakis score. Weird, but masterful.

3. r u f o's rating of the film Sweet Movie

4. 9DarkMistress2's rating of the film Sweet Movie

I loved this movie! Movies like this just don't exist anymore. It's twistedly entertaining from start to finish! Honestly the most disturbing thing in this film for me is the song that plays while the lady on the ship sails around.

5. MisterColo93's rating of the film Sweet Movie

4.2/5... WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD

6. K_Tarr's rating of the film Sweet Movie

Surreal and appalling perversion only the 70's could create. The absurdity and disgusting nature of it all is of a style that's often imitated but never duplicated, and that's not such a terrible thing.

7. Aditya Watts's rating of the film Sweet Movie

8. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Sweet Movie

I prefer this over The Godfather Part II… come at me. Sweet Movie is all about sexual liberation, sweets and all that is good about uncensored cinema. It may or may not give you cavities.

9. Chearth's rating of the film Sweet Movie

10. vordven's rating of the film Sweet Movie

11. FISCHER's rating of the film Sweet Movie

Une oeuvre allégorique, un peu brouillonne et forcée qui reste intéressante... www.cinefiches.com

12. Balthaz21's rating of the film Sweet Movie

13. Ethan's rating of the film Sweet Movie

This is a deep journey into the depravity and insanity of human beings and the things they are willing to do to each other for personal gain or just for the sheer hell of it and at times this film can be disturbingly erotic.

14. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Sweet Movie

Feroci critiche al comunismo, al capitalismo, portatore di disumanità e bestialità, e alla TV, fascista e basata sull'apparenza. Critiche interessanti e visivamente ben fatte, ma un po' troppo didascaliche.La narrazione, un po' sconclusionata, non convince pienamente ma ha dei momenti notevoli.Molto buona la regia, anche se frammenta troppo la storia, e fa provare intense sensazioni.Messa in scena ispirata ed estrema

15. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Sweet Movie

There is no message in this film. Just sensation and exploitation. Keep moving.

16. Derrière chaque paupière des oeillades's rating of the film Sweet Movie

17. wiwitaek's rating of the film Sweet Movie

it's finger licking good. Loved it, but there's no way I'd like to rewatch.

18. Anna Hakkenberg's rating of the film Sweet Movie

‘What is so sweet about this film?’: I wondered as I watched. Violence, mass deaths and the seduction of minors are covered up by large amounts of sugar-coating; quite literally. This movie plays with the colliding forces of the modern world, and shows that both are equally ridiculous,absurd and cruel. But it’s not only tragedy: the movie is filled with love,sexuality,happy chants, beautiful costumes&vibrant colors.

19. Arf's rating of the film Sweet Movie

4 stelle perchè è veramente fottuto questo film

20. Johnny Seeker's rating of the film Sweet Movie

Very European, and stylistically very interesting. However, flirting with pedophilia shan't be allowed!

21. postblueink's rating of the film Sweet Movie

2/10 (21.02.2016). this maybe a great film or awful.

22. Aardsy's rating of the film Sweet Movie

That's the last time I eat sloppy joes during a movie.

23. Michael H. CLAES's rating of the film Sweet Movie

Full movie : ------------https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2ATarOmNag ........................................................................ With Carole LAURE (inteview in FR) : http://www.ina.fr/video/I08284697

24. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Sweet Movie