1. Ana Luísa's rating of the film The Amityville Horror

A whole extra star 'cause they exceeded my expectations coming back for the dog

2. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film The Amityville Horror

still really afraid of this film. horrifying plot

3. Diego Ravazzolo's rating of the film The Amityville Horror

4. horroraddict21's rating of the film The Amityville Horror

An excellent and very suspensful horror classic, based on the Lutz family's supernatural experiences. It has a slow and intriging pace which adds tension and claustrophobia to the viewer, more and more as it goes on. Full marks too, to Lalo Schifrin who wrote the much imitated 'Lullaby' theme.

5. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The Amityville Horror

6. Sin título.'s rating of the film The Amityville Horror

Entretenida y llena de ese encanto antiguo que tenía el cine de horror de la época. En algunas secuencias se siente demasiado forzado el efecto de quiebre para generar sobresalto en el espectador, fuera de eso estamos ante una cinta con escenas brillantes donde se prefiere el uso de la música y los primeros primerísimos planos para generar una atmósfera tensa al contrario de utilizar entes con elementos grotescos.

7. Xiu's rating of the film The Amityville Horror

This irritated the hell out of me. I had to keep turning the sound off for the constant yelling.

8. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film The Amityville Horror

It's not scary, the stars are not particularly appealing and yet this thing was a huge box office hit?

9. Log Lady's rating of the film The Amityville Horror

It's incredibly frustrating when a highly interesting premise (especially if it's based on a true story) is botched big time. I really wanted to like this, but there's very little to like besides the occasionally creepy atmosphere and Brolin's portrayal of a father slowly losing himself. It's like the makers of the film didn't even care about their own work, just that Lutz's story could be cashed in as a movie.

10. AdrianM.'s rating of the film The Amityville Horror

11. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Amityville Horror

Con idas y venidas, "The Amityville Horror" posee más buenos momentos. Maneja la atmósfera, esconde al enemigo, manipula la mente perturbada y posesa de un asesino que reencarna. "The conjuring", de James Wan, le debe mucho a este filme.

12. Zachary George Najarian-Najafi's rating of the film The Amityville Horror

"I know this book is a hoax. We created this horror story over many bottles of wine." --William Weber

13. l's rating of the film The Amityville Horror

The story is fake, the film is boring. Needed way more Jodie the pig.

14. Chris Mello's rating of the film The Amityville Horror

Lot of people calling it boring, but no one has called it The Amityville Boreor yet. I am calling it that.

15. Frankly, Mr. Shankly's rating of the film The Amityville Horror

ladies and gentleman, i must confess: i shit in my pants.

16. Simon James Constable's rating of the film The Amityville Horror

A never-ending borefest that, instead of making me lose sleep, almost put me into a coma

17. fleur de chair's rating of the film The Amityville Horror

18. Ryan Clark's rating of the film The Amityville Horror

This pointless film plods along without much happening that's even worth thinking about. A couple of creepy scenes and hilarious moments of overacting are not enough to make it anything special. Why is this considered a classic? Oh yeah, it was based on a "true" story. The writing of the original book -- now THAT would make an interesting movie! Of course, the awful remake makes this one look like a masterpiece.

19. SeanMichael's rating of the film The Amityville Horror

You know I could go into detail about how this movie could be better but....you know..fuck it.

20. Nosada's rating of the film The Amityville Horror

It could have been so much more.

21. Alvaro's rating of the film The Amityville Horror

A waste of a truly horrifying plot.