1. seakat's rating of the film The Cameraman

I can’t remember the last time I had so much fun.

2. Alex Denison's rating of the film The Cameraman

It's fascinating how this film is, in many ways, a narrative precursor to the wholly experimental Man with a Movie Camera: the heralding of the photographer in the opening, the almost lifelike camera and tripod, the split screen images in Buster's first newsreel...

3. Christofer Pierson's rating of the film The Cameraman

4. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film The Cameraman

Interestingly romantic with a stunning finale. therefore cannot be compared with the rest of his filmography.

5. Clarissa's rating of the film The Cameraman

This is the movie where I fell head over heels in adoration with Buster Keaton.

6. Algitya's rating of the film The Cameraman

A Soft and a great 'snap' in pictures.

7. Steve's rating of the film The Cameraman

What a great ending to a film classic. I laughed so hard at the pool changing room scene!

8. PolarisDiB's rating of the film The Cameraman

Though not quite as wild as some of his other works from College to Sherlock Jr and especially the General, still showcases some of Keaton's overall flare for using the whole world as sets, props, and characters while running amoke doing his silent clown thing. Some noteworthy camera movements stick out, the multifloor staircase crane and a memorable track out on the beach of iconographic note. --PolarisDiB

9. MarcH's rating of the film The Cameraman

I wasn't expecting such a triumph, in light of how his MGM turned out.

10. adrianmendizabal's rating of the film The Cameraman

Persistence of vision! A comedy about a filmmaker's vision of his craft.

11. Zachary George Najarian-Najafi's rating of the film The Cameraman

It may not have the insane stunts and extravaganza of Buster's bigger films, but The Cameraman captures the very essence of Keaton's comedy. It's sweet, and surprisingly realistic. I loved every minute of it, but what blew me away most was the film's technical skill. It's a silent film that doesn't just look modern, it is modern. A timeless masterpiece.

12. chanandre's rating of the film The Cameraman

[Cinémathèque PT #178: 35 mm]

13. quinton's rating of the film The Cameraman

Far from a masterpiece. Not as funny as Buster can be, but just as sweet and stylish as his best.

14. Umberto L.'s rating of the film The Cameraman

... "That's the best camera work I've seen in years!"

15. Kurt Walker's rating of the film The Cameraman

Okay so theres Buster Keaton. Theres a Monkey. Theres a Camera, and theres a Machine Gun. Monkey, Keaton, Camera, Machine gun. MONKEYKEATONCAMERAMACHINEGUNE KEATON MONKEY CAMERA MACHINE GUN GUNMACHINECAMERAOBSCURAKEATONMONKEY Keaton. Monkey. Camera. Machine gun.

2 Next →