1. Nachtreich's rating of the film The Crucified Woman

2. Beatriz Menezes Castro's rating of the film The Crucified Woman

3. José Neves's rating of the film The Crucified Woman

4. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film The Crucified Woman

Undeniably modern,it is the crystallizing gut-punch of the final scenes that completes the transformation of this"woman all talk about",gravitational centre of all the crisscrossing plot lines(as precognized by the backgrounds in the initial credits) into an endearing if perverse "mensch"...her care at Usugumo's bedside is an incredible scene,as if all at once undressing these women emotionally,this unexpected[cont.]

5. MONSIEURDE's rating of the film The Crucified Woman

6. FISCHER's rating of the film The Crucified Woman

Oeuvre méconnue du grand réalisateur nippon, d'un profond humanisme et d'une grande sensibilité, tardivement visible dans l'hexagone... www.cinefiches.com

7. Aydin KhaliliK's rating of the film The Crucified Woman

8. http://letterboxd.com/James_'s rating of the film The Crucified Woman

Mizoguchi in '54 — rivaled only by Ford in '39

9. Howard Orr's rating of the film The Crucified Woman

I like to think of this as Mizoguchi's plea to his beloved Tanaka, via the sort-of love quadruple (Tanaka, her daughter, the doctor and the elderly admirer of the older woman) in this film: "the doctor is young and handsome, but he doesn't love you, and I do".

10. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film The Crucified Woman

Mizoguchi's few films during this year I consider comparable to Ozu's in their themes of concern: generational conflicts and problems in romantic relationships, counting this one, "The Crucified Lovers" and "Sansho the Bailiff". Mizoguchi's treatment of these tends to be more earthly than Ozu's, obviously, but one can sense a sort of intuitive bond between the ideas presented I feel.

11. Kenji's rating of the film The Crucified Woman

Oh dear, how did i not realise before just how great this film is? This really makes me happy.