1. Jason Av's rating of the film The Daughter

2. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Daughter

not a bad film but so predictable

3. Sophie Wilson Wardman's rating of the film The Daughter

so predictable and that made it boring which is a shame because it could have been really good, great ensemble cast.

4. Dziugas's rating of the film The Daughter

That's crazy - Aussies making the best dramas in the world!! Fantastic atmosphere and pace. Very emotional and tear-jerking. Camera, editing, sound, cast - exceptional. It's a feeling, like you are in the soft and intimate, but very sad and bleak dream, that was lost many years ago. But let's be fair - this movie is not for everyone. You must be deep in this genre and mood. 100%

5. Joana Teixeira's rating of the film The Daughter

6. Matt Richards's rating of the film The Daughter

Most enjoyable Australian film for quite some time. Solid performances, even from Sam Neil in this tale of family secrets. The raw emotion in the final 3rd is devastating for all. 4 stars

7. Augusta Le's rating of the film The Daughter

One of the best adaptations ever.

8. lostlevel's rating of the film The Daughter

I like the aesthetics and transitions.. I'm not sure I like things towards the conclusion. Though certain male characters were remarkably immature it's sort of refreshing to see something other than grim stoicism. A great cast so much so maybe 2 of the stars are purely for Sam Neill and Odessa Young who seem to be able to sell more convincing emotion in a look than the entire cast of some recent blockbusters.

9. Rūta Švedkauskaitė's rating of the film The Daughter

10. nargs_au's rating of the film The Daughter

Best Austrailian film i've seen in years. Highly reccomend.

11. Comadozer's rating of the film The Daughter

Not the welcome affront to Australian filmmaking I was hoping for (it is still fairly tame) but beautifully paced and acted. Ultimately I don't feel Stone had the maturity or experience to deal with adapting the source material. The final 10 mins are naive and unrealistic.

12. Renton47's rating of the film The Daughter

This is fundamentally post-rock cinema; roaming camera and plentiful nature shots accompanied with Bradshaw's swelling and pretty score. Yet while I enjoyed basking in Stone's beautiful rural NSW, it's a shame the idyll must descend into the more contrived drama which indulges the misery pervasive in Aussie dramas. It's a well-acted character piece which shoots too far. 4 for the first hr, 2 for the last 30 mins

13. Maximilian Yoshioka's rating of the film The Daughter

Stomach turning, powerful drama that really crushes one's emotions - would get 5 stars if it wasn't a direct Ibsen adaptation

14. Jason's rating of the film The Daughter

This is one spiritedly maudlin and extremely flexible Ibsen adaptation. It is also kinda maybe sorta a bit of a soap opera. But emotionally harrowing in a way that is raw and not exactly frivolous. I am very much taken w/ how Paul Schneider's character seems to be the lead until we realize that he is nothing other than a thoroughly reprehensible catalyst. The movie is not exactly great, but the ending kinda is.