1. pluviosity's rating of the film The Day of the Jackal

it's a highly plot-driven movie, add that with the suaveness of the Jackal, you'll stay awake, alright.

2. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Day of the Jackal

3. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film The Day of the Jackal

The way Edward Fox carries off 'The Jackal' is very impressive. I must certify excellent performances for the entire cast. Historically we know that de Gaulle was not assassinated & unfortunately we don't know anything about the character Jackal. In spite ot that it is still a tense, thrilling & very elegant, beautifully shot and excellently directed movie. Must see classic.

4. Severus Snape's rating of the film The Day of the Jackal

"he'll kill anybody who tries to intercept him. we'd better get there right away"

5. HSBilly's rating of the film The Day of the Jackal

and how to be a prepared professional assassin.... that should be the title of the guide book simply explained

6. Dominic Simard-Jean's rating of the film The Day of the Jackal

The ratio production quality/entertainment on this one is astonishing.

7. KDMV4's rating of the film The Day of the Jackal

Imagine an entertaining version of "The Battle of Algiers"

8. Gia Khanh's rating of the film The Day of the Jackal

Fantastic and suspenseful political thriller on a (fictional) assassination attempt of Charles De Gaulle. The acting by Edward Fox was spot on cool, calm, collected all the qualities one would need

9. My name is Bruce's rating of the film The Day of the Jackal

A thriller that is, refreshingly, completely free of both machismo and morality.

10. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film The Day of the Jackal

I did enjoy Bruce Willis' interpretation of the character (down to the very open homosexual fa├žade he has with one of his covers, something you'd not expect from one of Hollywood's "tough guys"), yet the original is superior in every other respect, whereas the remake seemed like an excuse to make a bankable action thriller out of a suspenseful political thriller. The Jackal here is a lacking archetype however.

11. David M.K.'s rating of the film The Day of the Jackal

The Jackal could really use a copy of 'Contract Killing for Dummies.'

12. Christopher Scott Zeidel's rating of the film The Day of the Jackal

There are of course better films from 1973, but The Day of the Jackal is extremely entertaining as a cat and mouse film.

13. Zachary George Najarian-Najafi's rating of the film The Day of the Jackal

Very much a product of its time; a lot of drab, gray settings and talking.

14. doublelife91's rating of the film The Day of the Jackal

My favorite cat and mouse film.

15. Kronsteen's rating of the film The Day of the Jackal

Outstanding thriller that kept me on the edge right to the very end. Excellent performances from Fox and Lonsdale. Was also nice to see Delphine Seyrig.

16. Rahul's rating of the film The Day of the Jackal

a criminally underrated movie ,untill the last few minutes,the jackal and cop never meet,and i think best things was complete absence of jackal for around 10-15 minutes near the end ,a masterstroke really ,a must watch for lovers for thrillers ,

17. homer harianja's rating of the film The Day of the Jackal

tidak pernah ada lagi political thriller yang seperti ini. intens dari menit ke menit.

18. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film The Day of the Jackal

There's an extraordinarily boring 45 minutes or so that comes right in the middle and it drags the movie from being "very good" into just "good". That said, Edward Fox's performance is downright mesmerizing-he obviously served as an excellent template for the lead characters in both "The American" and "The Limits of Control". Come to think of it, both those movies owe this one a great deal in pretty much every area!

19. angelicidea's rating of the film The Day of the Jackal

It surprisingly lacks any suspense, but the atmosphere is brilliant. An excellent duel between terrorist and detective. I think it could have been more tightly cut, especially in the second half, but still a must-see.

20. Canonalan's rating of the film The Day of the Jackal

minimalism and coolness of this film reminds me Melville.