1. Absentia's rating of the film The Drop

2. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film The Drop

This is quite emotionally moving & one of the better crime movies. Again Mr. Hardy delivers an outstanding performance & he is the main reason why things work out so well. On the other hand Mr. Gandolfini is just doing another Soprano; Mrs. Rapace & Mr. Schoenaerts are not convincing and also the rest of the supporting cast is weak. Bob couldn't do it all alone.

3. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film The Drop

Polar sombre & existentiel, où 4 personnages rencontrent leur destin, autour d'un bar appartenant à la mafia tchétchène à New-York. Oeuvre maîtrisée du le belge ROSKAM, dont le 1r film BULLHEAD avait fait sensation.== Dark & existential, where 4 characters meet their destiny around a bar belonging to the Chechen mafia in New York. Mastered work of the Belgian ROSKAM, who made the sensation with his 1st film BULLHEAD.

4. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Drop

5. bonucci's rating of the film The Drop

"There are some sins you commit that you cant come back from no matter how hard you try... Its like the devil is waiting for your body to quit. Because he knows that he already owns your soul. And then, I think, maybe, you know, there is no devil. You die, and God, He says: Nah, you cant come in. You have to leave now. You have to leave and go away and you have to be alone. You have to be alone forever."

6. pluviosity's rating of the film The Drop

Starring: The Creases on Tom Hardy's Head

7. Thomas Dods's rating of the film The Drop

Yes, it's very much a genre film which offers little that hasn't been done before. But there are solid performances from a great cast, which held my attention the whole way through. I could watch Gandolfini all day....

8. Paul Relf's rating of the film The Drop

I'll be blunt and as simple as Bob... Really.Fucking.Good.

9. Ana Sousa's rating of the film The Drop

10. chanandre's rating of the film The Drop

Featuring three (now two, R.I.P. James Gandolfini) of the best 3.0 "Strong Silent Type" antiheroes types: Hardy, Schoenaerts & Gandolfini (Affleck was shooting "Gone Girl"). Guys that can have entire conversations with their backs turned to us, communicating solely with their movement (hands, gestures, mannerisms), gazes and ultimately with their torn/hurt silence(s). Men's men. Tom Hardy: the World's wettest dream ▽

11. Meastro0's rating of the film The Drop

12. Love Walked In's rating of the film The Drop

Nice modern noir with tough guy, femme fatale, wet street, dark place, sneaky cop and underworld evils. Tom Hardy must have watched some of 30s Gary Cooper to master the murmurs. By the way, the Japanese title of this is "Crime Heat". Piss poor. They never get the point. Crime is not heated. Ignorant rendering is everywhere in this country.

13. Steve G.'s rating of the film The Drop

Tom Hardy Likes Dogs: The Movie

14. Violet Rien's rating of the film The Drop

Some interesting characters, but not memorable.

15. MLSoares's rating of the film The Drop

3.5 The whole plot just felt a little over the nose. Hardy's cold and aloof performance was good but wasn't satisfying for the whole movie. Good but forgettable

16. ioanabogdana's rating of the film The Drop

17. cinegeek.de's rating of the film The Drop

The Drop zeigt Tom Hardy genauso, wie ich ihn am liebsten sehe - und zwar in jeder Szene! The Drop ist ein solider Mafia Thriller geworden nach der Kurzgeschichte von Dennis Lehane. Regie führte der Belgier Michael R. Roskam mit seinem Hollywood Debüt... die ganze Rezension und dazu passende Mafia Thriller gibts auf cinegeek.de

18. whatever's rating of the film The Drop

Came for Tom Hardy holding a dog and stayed for Tom Hardy holding a dog through moments of duress. (Also every performance is phenom.)

19. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film The Drop

Roskam does a good job of making Tom Hardy's character one we can sympathize with, even though we shouldn't; overall it's kind of forgettable because of the adherence to the staples of the crime drama genre. The story's just okay.

20. Shoham L's rating of the film The Drop

You're run-of-the-mill crime story, but with Tom Hardy and a puppy.

21. kris's rating of the film The Drop

I liked this, slow but with stamina. I think this was Galdofini's last role before his untimely death.

22. Chris's rating of the film The Drop

tom hardy falls in love with a dog, i fall in love with tom hardy

23. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film The Drop

Wow. Saw again because thought I hadn't seen it yet. Forgettable for some reason. Jeez is Tom Hardys accent in this terrible or is it terrible. I use to have a man crush on ole Tom but Jesus after hearing him speak in this and revenant I just can't even

24. Nick Schwab's rating of the film The Drop

In Roskam's first film, Bullhead, the story expertly adds more-and-more dimension to its despicable character, who may do wrong, but is tragic, as well. In, The Drop, the story makes us love a character before it changes our understanding of him in an ending twist, yet oddly still wants us to love him unconditionally in an awkward happy ending. Therefore, the mundane rest of the film feels even more clumsy.

← Previous 1 3 4