1. Daniel Roque's rating of the film The East

Another Batmanglij/Marling collaboration focused on a mysterious cult. It's a nice thriller, but not memorable.

2. Steve G.'s rating of the film The East

You can see Eric Cartman's point about hippies.

3. J. O.'s rating of the film The East

Absolutely painful, with no other way to describe it. Overacting aplenty, complete with torturous dialogue and a mind-bogglingly unbelievable story. Not to mention the miscasting. Wait, did I mention how bad the acting was? Who green-lighted this? Never again will I give Zal Batmanglij my time. This was downright cringe-worthy.

4. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film The East

1 extra star for cinematography. But a of down ticks scattered throughout this film

5. eli // noahrookie's rating of the film The East

6. Daniel Iván's rating of the film The East

Filled with platitudes about "how the anarchists feel and look", with an urgent need to fill the gaps of the script through inexplicable and rushing editing jumps and a fierce proclivity towards the easy answer. Sad to see miss Marling in such a mess....

7. spiderliliez's rating of the film The East

It's a shame that movies like this don't get a lot of attention when it really just means well for everybody. What I really love about it though is how this story is filled with empowered women. For something that wants to be taken seriously, it has done a good job. Had a fairly good script, and good actors. It's not as predictable as I thought it would be, so that was nice. And Brit Marling is a breath of fresh air.

8. Gustavo Razera's rating of the film The East

Starts off in a gritty, promising high-stakes fashion; then it becomes too romantic - not just in the literal 'love story' way, but also in its simplistic moral approach. Despite the exotic last names of the filmmakers, this is typical Hollywood fluff.

9. Giles J Davis's rating of the film The East

A stellar cast, powerhouse production team (the Scott brothers) & Batmanglij at the helm make for a thought provoking environmental thriller. Marling knows how to pick her roles perfectly if not safely & continues to play emotionally damaged goods. Sadly this films just cements that Ellen Page is an awful actor, whinnying across the screen in feigned angst with her sullen, teen boy broken voice. Not bad at all. C+

10. krýsuvík's rating of the film The East

honestly I originally watched this for Patricia Clarkson (who was glam as hell and perfect for the role) but this film definitely delivered in other aspects. the plot was very interesting and original, and the acting was pretty good. shame about the ending though.

11. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film The East

it was entertaining to say the least. the ending was just the worst.

12. film_lies101's rating of the film The East

Certainly the most ambitious and accomplished project Brit Marling has been attached to

13. Rininta Irientantya's rating of the film The East

always love batmanglij x marling's idea, poured into their movie.

14. Garçon Manqué's rating of the film The East

15. Jim Cee's rating of the film The East

I'd like to have Marling read to me...

16. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film The East

Despite gradually losing strength as it moves forward, “The East” still delivers some controversy and intrigue, gained mostly through the moral and ethical issues that raises. Review and Rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-east-2013.html

17. msmichel's rating of the film The East

The partnership of director Zal Batmanglij and actress/writer Brit Marling continues to bear fruit with this fine follow-up to 'Sound of my Voice'. Though sometimes affected by the cliché of the genre the two are able to come up with a fresh story involving an anarchist collective, their 'jams', and an undercover security expert who may suffer from 'drinking the Kool-Aid' before long. A performance film above all.

18. Lauren Iverson's rating of the film The East

fires you up. brit marling is awesome!

19. Mathieu Verbeeck's rating of the film The East

A meaty and satisfying spy thriller - ✮✮✮

20. SlinkyLi's rating of the film The East

Marling is a filmmaker coming into stride in the writing room and on both sides of the camera. I hope she has a meteoric rise, because she could do wonders and is the prettiest

21. Henrique Amud's rating of the film The East

pretty solid and not as dumb as it could've been.

22. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The East

★★ "being unexpected is the only advantage that matters" — and the New Age activist cinephiles just got their fix.

23. --'s rating of the film The East

"Day 2. I have infiltrated the radical queer knit-bombing freegan OWS DIY artist collective hipster bicycle activist CSA intimacy-cult enclave in Pittsburgh and been accepted into their poetry-slamming hacktivist ranks. They still don't realize I'm an actress, despite my false eyelashes, artfully tousled locks, espionage Birkenstocks. I am one step closer to destroying the liberal scourge that is Greenpea--The East."

24. Nicola Altieri's rating of the film The East

Brit Marling scrive e mette in scena soggetti sempre pungenti ma spesso anche un po' retorici eppure le si perdona tutto con quel suo saper comunicare con espressioni facciali intense e silenzi esplicativi. Si poteva fare molto meglio, regia piuttosto anonima. Brit Marling resta però un personaggio cinematografico piuttosto unico nel panorama odierno e da continuare seguire.