1. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The English Patient

There was an episode of "Seinfeld" where Elaine complained about how boring it all was - and I have to agree on that opinion if you look for action and much drama. It is a slowly paced and somewhat predictable, but I liked that it tries to be a David Lean film even if it doesn't always work but the acting is good, cinematography superb and music lovely.

2. Kat Parada's rating of the film The English Patient

Una película absolutamente inquebrantable en su expresión de sentimientos ante cualquier momento, tragico, tenso, bello o triste. Lo fiel se mantiene por sobre lo caotico.

3. Balthaz21's rating of the film The English Patient

4. jewelsofglory's rating of the film The English Patient

5. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film The English Patient

2.5 stars. The only reason to watch this film is for Kristin Scott Thomas's bewitching performance.

6. Jacob Marcoux's rating of the film The English Patient

7. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The English Patient

The whole thing seemed a bit overblown. All the razzle dazzle of 'Lawrence of Arabia' mixed in with a bit of 'The Singing Detective'. Mom read the book, and told me what really happened in the cave. I said, "I didn't need to know that!"

8. ughchenausea's rating of the film The English Patient

ma chi vi ha insegnato ad usare i soldi in questo modo

9. photo_aurora's rating of the film The English Patient

I recently watched this movie again, after many years since my first viewing. I found it even more powerful. In its unstated way it draws powerful parallels between the ownership of women's bodies and colonialism, together with its message of seeing beyond nationalities. From its strong cast to its haunting music, it captures loss in all its heartbreak and stays with you a long time.

10. anacecil's rating of the film The English Patient

Excelente !!!! Muy buenos actores, muy buen tema !!!! Una maravillosa historia de amor en medio de la guerra !!!

11. Silvoieski's rating of the film The English Patient

(3.5) A great love story(s), Minimizing the image of the suffering and horror of the war in favor of showing a sufferer and fanciful love. Maybe three hours is too much time for this type of film.

12. Burcu's rating of the film The English Patient

13. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film The English Patient

14. Post Organic's rating of the film The English Patient

The ending was a bit too dramatic.

15. James Mackin's rating of the film The English Patient

Colin Firth is one of his more not the romantic interest roles.

16. Ethan's rating of the film The English Patient

Anthony Minghella delivered a stunning epic that was on a par with David Lean's greatest works. This is an epic that will break your heart and Ralph Fiennes and Kristen Scott Thomas are electric together. Juliette Binoche is also one of the most beautiful and talented actresses to ever grace the screen.

17. ammar's rating of the film The English Patient

18. Daniel Roque's rating of the film The English Patient

Great story, but damn too long! If it wasn't for Juliette Binoche and Kristin Scott Thomas I couldn't reach the end. Ralph Fiennes' burnt make-up hasn't aged quite well neither.

19. Emily Sirko's rating of the film The English Patient

2 stars devoted to Binoche and nothing/no one else.

20. Zach Closs's rating of the film The English Patient

"The book was better" just doesn't cut it here. It'll probably never be successfully translated to the screen; at least not by Hollywood. Ondaatje's passionate, achingly beautiful prose drew attention to subtleties in people and the world -- this film is overblown, loud and melodramatic.

21. Robert Howard's rating of the film The English Patient

I need to watch this again. It has my favorite actors: Dafoe, Binoche, Feinnes, Kristin Scott Thomas. They are all so chic that their presence lends the film a particular ephemeral quality. This is for adults and not the Tarantino fanboy crowd.

22. AnnalieseVevo's rating of the film The English Patient