I watch this at least once a year and there's about 20 reasons why. What are those 20 reasons? 1. Need legal thrillers in my life.
2. The “job offers” opening montage.
3. Tom Cruise.
4. Jeanne Tripplehorn.
5. Tom Cruise and Jeanne Tripplehorn’s relationship.
6. The profoundly atrocious and Oscar award nominated “jazzy” score.
7. Gary motherfuckin’ Busey chewing scenery.
8. Holy Hunter at her fire-cracker-est.
It seems like one those movies that may persuade you to read the literary version of the story even though you weren't too sure about its celluloid counterpart. There's a lot of mixed feelings about this attractive but poorly executed plot, stumped by occasional illogicality, banality and overlong stabs at halfhearted action.