1. tyb's rating of the film The Flowers of War

While technically proficient (especially the camera work), it gets a bit too propagandic, and somehow seems like an insensitive kind of movie to make about one of the worst massacres ever committed. Bale doesn't exactly help on that front either.

2. Nachtreich's rating of the film The Flowers of War

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Flowers of War

4. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Flowers of War

5. Nicolás Mauricio Bello's rating of the film The Flowers of War

una dualidad interesante, un final bondadoso y magnifico.

6. Vinod Narayan's rating of the film The Flowers of War

Christian Bale is a terrific actor and he did good as the american mortician in this movie. But I felt the movie had many unwanted scenes with untimely crude humor which was unnecessary when you try to tell the story of the "Rape of Nanking" during the second sino-Japanese war.

7. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film The Flowers of War

What you're really doing when you make a slick state-sanctioned comic strip version of one of the darkest hours of 20th century history, replete with mustache-twirling villains, slow-mo blood sprays, hookers with hearts of gold, and heroic Chinese soldiers who can wipe out whole platoons of Japs singlehandedly, is pissing on the memory of the victims. Zhang, who once had talent, is a pretty contemptible character.

8. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film The Flowers of War

9. cathika's rating of the film The Flowers of War

12 prostitutes vs 12 vergins, a hero and a truly generous final subversion toward sacrifice. Sublime!

10. Hassel Porta's rating of the film The Flowers of War

Incredible true story, so powerful and a tribute to the human spirit

11. Maria Carolina Francese's rating of the film The Flowers of War

A great story of change and altruism in a horrific scenario. This movie makes you think over it again and again.

12. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film The Flowers of War

The sick, depraved, inhumane, evil things we humans are driven to do all in the service of those in power.

13. rado's rating of the film The Flowers of War

Invading a country is unnatural, like masking corruption as innocence. War is deception for all parties involved and they can never go back to decency. Only pretend.

14. Daniella's rating of the film The Flowers of War

First half of the movie is very irregular, and needs serious editing; second half picks up but the damage has been done for the viewer and it does not compensate for the first half. Not my favorite Zhang Yimou film. Bale does just "O.K.".

15. Fainéant's rating of the film The Flowers of War

Liked everything except Christian Bale. Blegh

16. the.deft.one's rating of the film The Flowers of War

As uncompromisingly brutal as it is sympathetically Chinese, this dramatisation of Japanese Imperialism, namely the Rape of Nanking, is impeccably polished and gorgeous to look at. The curious casting of Bale works for me – I’d say it is his most appealing performance. Zhang is becoming a firm favourite.

17. Livor's rating of the film The Flowers of War

I didn't like that the japanese characters were shown as evil monsters. I know that they did things wrong during the war and that they killed a lot of people, but this movie looks like an anti-japanese propaganda film to increase the hate against japanese people in China. Everyday I'm more tired about propagandistic war movies, we should live the present, not in the past.

18. Teresa Silva's rating of the film The Flowers of War

19. MGeo's rating of the film The Flowers of War

This could have been a good movie if not for one simple problem...WHY IS CHRISTIAN BALE THE STAR OF THIS MOVIE?! This is a Chinese story, why not tell it from the perspective of a Chinese man such as a priest or a green soldier who has not seen the horrors of war up close before. This film completely reeks of racist Hollywood messing around with things that ought not to be messed around with.

20. oldeuboi's rating of the film The Flowers of War

For several reasons, I think it'll suits more as a stage play than a feature film. But still a fine story telling from Yimou, tho'. Pretty sure will jerk some tears of you.

21. Daniel Granato's rating of the film The Flowers of War

rated "The Flowers of War" 3 out of 5 stars

22. Madri Bafadhal's rating of the film The Flowers of War

One hell of an emotional ride.

23. Fabio Martins's rating of the film The Flowers of War

Muito bom o novo filme do Zhang Yimou. Dramalhão de guerra que vale muito a pena.

24. Aram's rating of the film The Flowers of War

i think the most important note of this film was this east societies need western hero.