1. José Neves's rating of the film The One-Armed Swordsman

35mm. Watched many years ago when adolescent, in my neighborhood theater. And the memory of its fictional and choreographic wilderness remained all that time: still crazy after all those years. Should i rewatch in the PC? I'll be losing something, maybe the film, the memory no doubt.

2. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film The One-Armed Swordsman

3. filmcapsule's rating of the film The One-Armed Swordsman

Some beautiful melodrama here, surrounding a story and a character even more mythic than most Shaw Brothers. I find myself keying into the elements that surround the kung fu, especially since the action is bit more tame and simplistic than Lau's 70s films. But the middle act is really lovely, amplified by the bewitching artificiality of Shaw Brothers sets.

4. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film The One-Armed Swordsman

6 - Riddled with the clunky exposition and uneven craft and logic that would go on to become Chang Cheh staples. Still, there's great photography and clever editing here, and the whole film is enveloped in a charming simplicity and has an operatic yet artisanal aura to it, making it hard to dislike. You can accuse Cheh's films of being mere products, or samey in nature, but you can't deny the man's love for cinema.

5. Junda Mane's rating of the film The One-Armed Swordsman

A true classic of the Shaw Bros era.

6. Hunter Duesing's rating of the film The One-Armed Swordsman

One of Chang Cheh's greatest films, THE ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN is a genre-defining classic. If you're unfamiliar with old-school martial arts movies or Shaw Bros. movies, this is the perfect place to start.