1. Erica Narduzzi's rating of the film The Reader

2. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Reader

THE READER is a kind of movie which wanted us to re-thinking about judgement or the line between goodness and evil. Somehow, I feel that THE READER failed to that thing. This movie just simply wants us to have sympathy to the "criminal". THE READER lacks emotional bond between the story and the audiences. But I would be a liar if I didn't say that Kate Winslet was spectacular in this movie. It could've been better...

3. nadnab's rating of the film The Reader

4. gaussian's rating of the film The Reader

mmm there's A LOT to unpack here

5. Kat Parada's rating of the film The Reader

excelente actuación de Kate Winslet, buena historia.

6. The Macho King's rating of the film The Reader

Could of sworn i reviewed and rated this film 3 separate times already...speaking of which, I'm still pissed off at this site for when it went full blown "MUBI" and in doing so somehow ended up deleting around 250 of my reviews and ratings... Anyways go and watch this film for Kate Winslet's brave,committed & very moving performance alone. She is one of- if not thee best (english speaking) actress of her generation.

7. Ana Patrícia's rating of the film The Reader

8. anacecil's rating of the film The Reader

Excelente !!!! Muy buena actuación y muy buen tema. un inesperado final

9. Savanna Ruedy's rating of the film The Reader

Really entertaining at first but then got boring

10. Mariana Filipa's rating of the film The Reader

I cried the last 40 minutes omg what a movie

11. idon'tknow..'s rating of the film The Reader

didn't like the book, didn't like the movie..

12. tintinmugshot's rating of the film The Reader

13. wiwitaek's rating of the film The Reader

14. Leti's rating of the film The Reader

It wasnt bad,but it wasnt that good either.

15. Lintang A.'s rating of the film The Reader

16. Adam Kustura's rating of the film The Reader

Did I really just watch a film that a) revels in it's portrayal of child abuse and b) attempts to suggest that the shame of illiteracy is somehow worse than the shame of being complicit in the murder of 300 people during the holocaust? Oscars indeed...

17. bmelis's rating of the film The Reader

18. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Reader

Kate Winslet was really good in the first part, but inevitably it turned into schmaltz. They turn these out like a factory in Hollywood.

19. lowplacelikehome's rating of the film The Reader

20. Mr. Smifff's rating of the film The Reader

This being Oscar season, I thought I'd review my least favourite Oscar nominee for Best Picture, and that is this movie. Kate Winslet's performance aside (she was great), this movie is a shallow, pretentious, dispassionate, boring, and a forgettable Oscar-baiting historical drama at its very worst. If you want a caricatured outline of how your movie can attract major awards, look no further than The Reader.

21. Mtume Gant's rating of the film The Reader

Always wanted more from this. Felt like it was missing some innards to make a rather interesting story truly resonate

22. Merih Sakarya's rating of the film The Reader

Everybody has a story of learning sex, start with sexuality games in the childhood. Film has a lot more to offer! We have double lives; we are always part of the history.

23. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film The Reader

The second half was this amazingly touching story told through powerful acting. The first half I had a harder time connecting to. It needed this part of the narrative as a set up though...

24. taniaburrito's rating of the film The Reader