1. The Macho King's rating of the film The Reader

Could of sworn i reviewed and rated this film 3 separate times already...speaking of which, I'm still pissed off at this site for when it went full blown "MUBI" and in doing so somehow ended up deleting around 250 of my reviews and ratings... Anyways go and watch this film for Kate Winslet's brave,committed & very moving performance alone. She is one of- if not thee best (english speaking) actress of her generation.

2. Ana Patrícia's rating of the film The Reader

3. camille's rating of the film The Reader

4. anacecil's rating of the film The Reader

Excelente !!!! Muy buena actuación y muy buen tema. un inesperado final

5. Savanna Ruedy's rating of the film The Reader

Really entertaining at first but then got boring

6. Mariana Filipa's rating of the film The Reader

I cried the last 40 minutes omg what a movie

7. idon'tknow..'s rating of the film The Reader

didn't like the book, didn't like the movie..

8. tintinmugshot's rating of the film The Reader

9. wiwitaek's rating of the film The Reader

10. Leti's rating of the film The Reader

It wasnt bad,but it wasnt that good either.

11. Lintang A.'s rating of the film The Reader

12. Adam Cross's rating of the film The Reader

Did I really just watch a film that a) revels in it's portrayal of child abuse and b) attempts to suggest that the shame of illiteracy is somehow worse than the shame of being complicit in the murder of 300 people during the holocaust? Oscars indeed...

13. melis.'s rating of the film The Reader

14. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Reader

Kate Winslet was really good in the first part, but inevitably it turned into schmaltz. They turn these out like a factory in Hollywood.

15. Jim Fear's rating of the film The Reader

16. Mr. Smifff's rating of the film The Reader

This being Oscar season, I thought I'd review my least favourite Oscar nominee for Best Picture, and that is this movie. Kate Winslet's performance aside (she was great), this movie is a shallow, pretentious, dispassionate, boring, and a forgettable Oscar-baiting historical drama at its very worst. If you want a caricatured outline of how your movie can attract major awards, look no further than The Reader.

17. Mtume Gant's rating of the film The Reader

Always wanted more from this. Felt like it was missing some innards to make a rather interesting story truly resonate

18. Merih Sakarya's rating of the film The Reader

Everybody has a story of learning sex, start with sexuality games in the childhood. Film has a lot more to offer! We have double lives; we are always part of the history.

19. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film The Reader

The second half was this amazingly touching story told through powerful acting. The first half I had a harder time connecting to. It needed this part of the narrative as a set up though...

20. taniaburrito's rating of the film The Reader

21. Franco Rhyme Wiseman's rating of the film The Reader

22. L Felix's rating of the film The Reader

The sweetness of how such a tragic story is told provokes a certain torment towards the series of facts taking course. It could everything have been just a love story between a woman and a student of law, if it wasn't for the fact that it is interrupted by the moment of war closure and its consequences, as the simplicity of truth comes up.

23. Chris_Parker's rating of the film The Reader

The pseudo-intellectual mumbo-jumbo the film exudes, cleverly disguises its hollow and empty premise. It embraces irrelevance and glosses over relevance. Had it not been for standout performances from Winslet, Fiennes and Kross, there would've been absolutely no reason to praise the movie. The Reader doesn't just fail as a character study but it also fails in being a meaningful film.

24. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film The Reader

Great performance and excellent cinematography.

← Previous 1 3 4