1. Viggo Wichmann's rating of the film The Road

Terribly, toe-curlingly sentimental, the dialogue thick with emotional sauce. I quit at about 55 mins, where the boy says a thank-you prayer to the dead people whose food they find. American Family Values in a thin veneer of disaster. Two stars for cinematography, the disillusioned voice-over, and the idea that made me start it. May I recommend "After the Flood" by P.C. Jersild for a good dystopian read...

2. Gonzelush Thompson's rating of the film The Road

Destul de brici drama asta post-apocaliptică. Însă sigur ceva nu-i ajunge, chiar intuiesc ce, presupun că romanul lui Cormac McCarthy e de vreo 100 de ori mai brici.

3. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Road

Atmospheric post-apocalyptic survival movie with a spare, melancholic soundtrack from Nick Cave & Warren Ellis makes this one of the best in it's genre. Robert Duvall and Guy Pearce are almost unrecognizable in small supporting roles but this movie is sold on Viggo Mortensen's performance who is great. It is a very depressing film so it's ending feel almost unrealistic hopeful even when it is sad as hell.

4. lazyatom's rating of the film The Road

Bleak, as it ought to be, but ultimately I think it works better as a book.

5. blkrchs's rating of the film The Road

6. Garçon Manqué's rating of the film The Road

Scariest thing a human can imagine. During the closing credits, we can hear birds singing/people chattering in the distance,coming from where?maybe we're just remembering the sounds of the "old" world. Even though dreaming of a better world seems impossible from where the film has left us,hearing those sounds gives a heavyhearted hope. (family's sad-eyed dog <3)

7. no past land's rating of the film The Road

"Do you wish you would die?" "No. It's foolish to ask for luxuries in times like these."

8. Paul Mallinson's rating of the film The Road

Gotta be one of the saddest, most depressing sci-fi films ever made.

9. noice's rating of the film The Road

the second the truck pulled out of the tunnel i knew my guy peter stormare would be in the drivers seat

10. rllr's rating of the film The Road

When you've seen Bela Tarr's apocalypse, this is nothing! ⋆⋆ 1⁄2

11. Kornovska's rating of the film The Road

Film post-apocalyptique terrifiant et démoralisant. Il me fut suggéré par un ami ayant la qualité d'être un père de famille : pour lui, ce fut une expérience perturbante et on comprend facilement pourquoi en l'écoutant! On appréciera la dureté du film et son réalisme (même si la cause de l'apocalypse n'est pas claire). Par contre, on peut parfois questionner la cohérence des actions de certains personnages.

12. Joel's rating of the film The Road

By all accounts a thoughtful deeply melancholic look at desperation and loss at the end of the world. The missteps for me were where the film delved into some horror/thriller clichés. I would have liked to spend less time feeling tense and more time exploring the rich pathos of the story.

13. Elaine Bautista's rating of the film The Road

14. dino dancer's rating of the film The Road

15. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film The Road

Un film che non ha nulla di eccezionale, nulla che spicca, ma che per qualche motivo che non so ben spiegarvi, mi è piaciuto un sacco. Sarà per il tema post-apocalittico, sarà che sono un inguaribile fan di Fallout e me lo ricorda, sarà che il protagonista è Aragorn, non lo so, ma mi è piaciuto un sacco.

16. kris's rating of the film The Road

Bleak, depressing and certainly thought provoking! a film that will bring you down from a high with a thud.

17. jooley's rating of the film The Road

As expected - bleak, dark and likely to spawn nightmares in no small number. But if you blindly stick your hand down some cold disgusting goo and what small nugget you pull out makes you reach down there for more - then that nugget must be something special. And that's precisely how I felt about the slivers of sweetness and humanity in this scarring film. If you can stomach it, the ordeal might be worth it.

18. DarleenisHOME!'s rating of the film The Road

Au coeur de ce drame post-apocalyptique, l'homme est vraiment un loup pour l'homme ;)

19. Chivonne Astridge's rating of the film The Road

Amazing movie but so very depressing

20. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film The Road

Somber and beautifully unsettling.

21. nvmore's rating of the film The Road

22. Ordet Ordet's rating of the film The Road

1.5 because of good pictures

23. Ginarley's rating of the film The Road

A wonderful piece of story telling in a perfect post-apocalyptic world. The brave lack of context, setting and vitality leads to a tense pathway through life, such as it is. Some hints of allegory but not too much, and some tints of morality lesson but not heavy handed. This movie excels at omitting everything that needs omitting.

24. antibody's rating of the film The Road