1. James Mackin's rating of the film The Thin Blue Line

Final scene is genuinely one of the most tense scenes I've ever seen. Also made me say woah a lot. Pretty good documentary as they go.

2. Dries's rating of the film The Thin Blue Line

Quando la potenza del cinema riesce a trasformare la realtà in giustizia. Un documentario fenomenale che mostra una storia pazzesca con risvolti ancora più incredibili. La registrazione finale è da brividi

3. Bilouaustria's rating of the film The Thin Blue Line

Some strong sequences in the end (one for sure made the film famous) but for most of the time, lazy direction and quite a disappointment in comparison with the absurd reputation of the film (some would say best documentary of all time, really ?!). Looks more like a good TV film, where Benning with "Landscape Suicide" offers you Cinema.

4. Aukse's rating of the film The Thin Blue Line

5. Tim Ellrich's rating of the film The Thin Blue Line

6. truffraud's rating of the film The Thin Blue Line

a chilling documentary. some of the testimonies given are bafflingly contradictory.

7. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film The Thin Blue Line

Clearly a big influence on true crime stories on TV, except a much more artistic and well made version of that genre of reality show. It's surprising seeing this type of moviemaking outside the realm of fiction films. There's a kind of artificial artistry in the recreation scenes that would initially seem to be out of place in a documentary, but in the end works to the films advantage.

8. Magda Magdy's rating of the film The Thin Blue Line

Errol Morris meets Adam Curtis, that's the kind of documentaries I'd love to make one day.

9. ginobartolomi's rating of the film The Thin Blue Line

This documentary focuses on a random, rather run of the mill whodunit mystery, but it gains some serious power through an early use of testimonies woven with repetitive cutaways to the reenactment. Beautifully shot and scored, it's so different from any other documentary or crime thriller...gripped me from start to finish.

10. Ethan's rating of the film The Thin Blue Line

This is the very definition of life changing cinema.

11. Andreea Roşca's rating of the film The Thin Blue Line

12. Alex Mitici's rating of the film The Thin Blue Line

the thin blue line şi apare cu roşu a făcut el o treabă lol k emarfă

13. mlstrx's rating of the film The Thin Blue Line

3.5. reveals too much of itself in the first 15 minutes to remain so fascinating throughout, but it's still pretty good.

14. Tom Gregson's rating of the film The Thin Blue Line

15. Ginarley's rating of the film The Thin Blue Line

A fascinating and very cleverly structured whodunnit with a wonderful cast of personalities to drive it. I found some of the artistic reconstructions a little heavy handed for my taste but appreciated the ambiguity they were conveying.

16. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film The Thin Blue Line

What I think is amazing is that during the process of making this the director really didn't know what went on that night of the crime. While he's offering possible scenarios and interviewing the people involved though, he got closer and closer to the truth. Great documentary, nice performative and formal aspects to it. Must see documentary.

17. Dominic Simard-Jean's rating of the film The Thin Blue Line

The intricate vile forces of justice and life have never really been as much apparent as exposed by Errol Morris in this groundbreaking film. The mechanics of it are very complex and serve perfectly to the reconstitution of the case. Nice Phillip Glass soundtrack.

18. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film The Thin Blue Line

19. Jimmi HRS's rating of the film The Thin Blue Line

Errol Morris' expert storytelling style has become a benchmark for good documentaries even today. Definitely one of the best true-crime documentaries, that not only exposed an innocent man but the state of the U.S. law system.

20. sputnixed's rating of the film The Thin Blue Line

it takes a very good documentary to free a wrongly convicted man.

21. Nicolás Mauricio Bello's rating of the film The Thin Blue Line

22. Jason's rating of the film The Thin Blue Line

I recall having been quite won over by the VHS tape of Morris's game-changer when I was in my early teens, but seeing it now in the luminous Criterion high-def transfer has sent a current through my whole being. This would have to be pretty high on the list of cinematic milestones since 1890-whatever - no film better represents what any good Nietzschean would call a "confluence of forces." Stunningly edited.

23. Braden Vallenères's rating of the film The Thin Blue Line

So many of the methods used in this documentary have become almost cliche, but it seems so fresh and unnerving when you go back to the source.

24. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Thin Blue Line

A groundbreaking documentary that introduced the incendiary effect of polemics to the masses. Morris paved the way for the non-fiction genre.