1. FISCHER's rating of the film The Unforgiven

Amour, jalousie, vengeance sous la patte et la botte expertes du grand Huston nous révèlent une excellente oeuvre à redécouvrir de toute urgence. Premier western du réalisateur qui récidivera quatorze ans plus tard avec un chef-d'oeuvre : "Juge et hors-la-loi". Décidément, John Huston, on aime toujours autant... www.cinefiches.com

2. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film The Unforgiven

Seems like this film was shot with a single wide lens. How is Audrey supposed to resemble anything native - terrible casting.

3. Howard Orr's rating of the film The Unforgiven

An inverted capture narrative, turning "The Searchers" on its head, whereby the Native American girl is taken in by white people, and the Native Americans come back to collect. Some great visual moments, and Lancaster is very good, although Hepburn is horribly miscast and underwritten as a character; but at the climax the great Lillian Gish plays the pianna like the score for a silent movie, and lo it is beautiful.

4. Henrique Amud's rating of the film The Unforgiven

Nope it made no freaking sense and everyone was bloody stiff. What a mess.

5. Kentel's rating of the film The Unforgiven

Being or not being an Indian. Pretty unrealistic storyline , poor characters, lifeless shootings in dull and gloomy landscapes, and a supposed pro-Indian message which obviously fails to reach its aim. Hepburn in one of her most unconvincing interpretation, though there are many, and Huston in one of his less inspired movies. Worth seeing for Lancaster, deeply committed to his role and really good.

6. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Unforgiven

In my opinion, one of John Huston's masterpieces (I know, I'm quite alone here). I like a lot how Huston describes the members of the right-thinking and honest family of the film: Zeb Rawlins is a crippled, Charlie Rawlins a retarded and Georgia Rawlins a repressed woman. Abe Kelsey's character is also haunting. A movie to be rediscovered stratum by stratum. If you dare.

7. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film The Unforgiven

I found this to be stunningly dull considering the talent involved. Zero chemistry between Lancaster & Hepburn

8. Matt's rating of the film The Unforgiven

An "anti-racist" western that seems to not want to offend racists.

9. Nosada's rating of the film The Unforgiven