1. pluviosity's rating of the film The Way We Were

I love when an actor managed to portray the insecurity of the character, and I love it more when the character can actually change and grow up in the story. Robert Redford and his beauty perhaps will leave you with a pang, but in this, Barbra Streisand is The Star.

2. Dalibor's rating of the film The Way We Were

Socially relevant subplots characteristic of New Hollywood combined with utmost classicism of storytelling and melodrama. And by the standards of either of them, it is still too obvious, too flat, and just plain boring. The whole political agenda in particular awkwardly looks as if it's trying to hide the intention of making another cheesy chick-flick.

3. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Way We Were

Classic and essential. One of those movies thats schmaltzy/overly sentimental, but feels right in this case. Very odd. I think without Redford anchoring things, this couldve been a real bomb, but his understated performance keeps everything grounded and gives a realness to an otherwise fantastical story. Loved it. Streisand is great, but was better in the preceding years screwball com Whats Up Doc. Check it out too

4. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film The Way We Were

Yuk. Please don't make me watch this type drivel again. Not a huge Pollock fan at all. Cuz of flix like this. Great actor tho

5. alvingretel's rating of the film The Way We Were

Siempre la mejor,mi favorita. Deberían de tenerla disponible. :(

6. Ethan's rating of the film The Way We Were

This was one corny and pretentious movie.

7. smokescreen's rating of the film The Way We Were

"Katie, you expect so much." "Oh, but look what I've got."

8. Aardsy's rating of the film The Way We Were

My mom is probably disappointed.

9. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film The Way We Were

Gli immortali.Pollack firma uno dei suoi lavori senza tempo,attraversa buona parte del secolo americano e lo fà in maniera più calda del solito,con una storia d'amore piena di dubbi e interrogativi.Dosato alla grande,la gestione dei due attori è eccellente e Barbara vince alla grande,con due momenti(la telefonata notturna e l'addio finale) che sciolgono il cuore.Film di una volta,forse irripetibili.

10. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film The Way We Were

I fell in love with Katie. The way she is putting it together: to express her love and remaining consistent. (By the way have you noticed her beauty and her long, red fingernails?) And, yeah, Hubbell. He is a bit more head-controlled, rational. He knows his deficits, but he also sees, how they complementary match each other. A wonderful romance. Top class love story movie.

11. Tutu888's rating of the film The Way We Were

I have to admit: Barbra is gorgeous in this movie!

12. DaisyJ's rating of the film The Way We Were

Sad sad movie. Love slipping out of your hands.

13. Susana Bessa's rating of the film The Way We Were

It is still as sentimental as it was when it first came out (according to what my mum says, of course), and it is still one of the kings of classical tear-jerkers. And most of all, this is an actor's film, a film for Streisand and Redford, who easily and cleverly pick it up from the romantic melodrama to a landmark. Time hasn't done its job on it, and I'm glad.

14. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film The Way We Were

It's become a classic for the first quarter & the final scene; what's in between is not particularly good

15. Courtney Richmond's rating of the film The Way We Were

Robert Redford understands the importance of necking

16. David J Davis's rating of the film The Way We Were

Hubbell: People are more important than their principles. Katie: People are their principles.

17. Dina's rating of the film The Way We Were

hubbel=world's greatest dad

18. Riesca Amallia's rating of the film The Way We Were

"Your girl is lovely, Hubbel."

19. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Way We Were

In my opinion, one of the best Sydney Pollack efforts. The screenplay is a little jewel of cleverness and this love story between the Verb and the Image, between the word spoken and the word written deserves to stay in movie history. Masterpiece.

20. Jay Raskin's rating of the film The Way We Were

To be brief and to the point, this is the greatest love story ever made. Unfortunately, it is marred because Pollack cut out some political material in the end. It was a cowardly thing to do, but he was brave as hell making a film about a communist woman falling in love in/with Hollywood as represented by Robert Redford.