1. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The Wind

It is a real shame about the ending (although I liked the idea of the wind as a moral agent) since otherwise 'The Wind' is as remorseless in its way as 'Requiem for a Dream' at moving intractably towards the dissolution of its main character. But here we are in no doubts that the woman has been wronged. The film functions as a serious condemnation of the patriarchal foundations of marriage even at its most delirious.

2. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Wind

3 (maybe 4). Because of the era, the character stuff is simple, but it retains a punch unlike what's seen from many films of its era. It's about a girl who seeks a more adult life (away from her happy pastoral background) and finds herself battered to insanity by nature's abyss. It's disturbing without being tasteless, bolstered by a strong performance from Lillian Gish (who seems genuinely upset about the wind).

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The Wind

Dernier film américain du grand metteur en scène suédois qui reste une oeuvre essentielle de l'histoire du cinéma à placer dans une vidéothèque idéale... www.cinefiches.com

4. onfime's rating of the film The Wind

oh, bury me not on the lone prairie, where the wild coyotes will howl over me

5. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film The Wind

Atypical western and moody atmospheric silent film. Best known for Lillian Gish remarkable performance. Proves once more that Sjostrom figures among the most talented directors of his generation.

6. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Wind

7. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Wind

This one sticks with you. Was featured recently on TCM's Essentials, otherwise I would have never knew of it. Great little film here. Apparently the filming conditions were brutal!

8. Dignan's rating of the film The Wind

9. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film The Wind

Those images of the wind-driven sand striking the windows seem somehow really ahead of its time in their combination of abstract and narrative qualities.

10. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Wind

It gave me a headache just to see the wind blow, just to imagine the sound of the wind. Masterpiece.

11. Log Lady's rating of the film The Wind

The wind is like another character itself. It either engulfs everything or the characters stop fighting against it and become one with it. Gish is striking in her role, and she and Hanson work well together. The ending is either a hit or a miss, but I liked its calmness. There was no point making it dramatic, when the conflict was over. Gish's introduction to the film is also worth the look (available on Youtube).

12. nein's rating of the film The Wind

Absolutely charming. The force of nature (the wind) is striking. Lilian Gish makes one fall in love with her. She undoubtedly is one of the greatest. Lars Hanson is not any worse. Noise of whirr in the silent movie, horse-ghost and folk tales... But the ending could be more dramatic.

13. joey Noodles's rating of the film The Wind

So much sand. So much wind.

14. Maudy Puteri Agusdina's rating of the film The Wind

i had a crush with Lars Hanson ♥

15. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The Wind

★★★★ mind half-gone with the wind. and in the shape of Lillian Gish's gaze.

16. Gylfi's rating of the film The Wind

Fantastic film, it has this mysterious quality that I can't quite put my finger on but the result is gorgeous. Gish is perfect in the leading role. Highly recommended !

17. Dave's rating of the film The Wind

Not overrated in the least...among the finest films of the era and Gish delivers a performance that should be seen by all fans of cinema.

18. Antoine Tremblay's rating of the film The Wind

Such a fantastic film, Gish gives one of the best performance in the history of cinema. The late 20s had a lot of great films and this one is right up there in the top 5.

19. InsertOzuReferencehere's rating of the film The Wind

A great example of how unique and Inventive silent cinema could be. This is actually a great character study too and shows different layers of characters through different perspectives (or mind sets in Letty's case). It is one of those films that can so easily be overlooked unfortunately.