1. Rocketeam's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

Boss Tamamori is the ultimate chickenshit of yakuza

2. Danny Lupng's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

1st time ever to watch this movie!

3. Nolan Barth's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

Going into the Yakuza Papers I really wanted to love it... It has an erratic and dynamic visual style that is just incredibly unique. I loved the film's in your face attitude! However, the plot itself is just so dense and confusing! The fast pace of the film doesn't help. The Yakuza Papers is whizzing by so quick that you never have anytime to get to know any of the characters or even figure out what is happening!

4. Rtab's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

It is very hard to keep up with all the intergang politics and relations, numerous double-crosses, and all the characters, it moves at a frantic pace and it’s just not easy to follow. The violence is overwhelming and somewhere between Spaghetti westerns and Tarantino films in quality. I felt like the film was structurally influenced by Gavras’ Z, especially how the murder scenes are done (from music to timing etc.)

5. David R Williams's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

Hyperkinetic Yakuza insanity. Anarchic slapstick like the Three Stooges on angel dust. So freakin' crazy you have to love it.

6. William Ford's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

BATTLES WITHOUT HONOR OR HUMANITY is true to its title, casting a harsh light on post-war values and the resultant tension between traditional duties and personal gain.

7. Nick Potter's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

It isn't the easiest to follow, but damn if it isn't just a cool yakuza movie. I wish I had something eloquent to say, I just had fun with it.

8. johnfmorton's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

Quentin wants you to watch this.

9. Ghostman's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

A masterpiece. One of the hardest movies ever.

10. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

Gangster films are like eating junk food. A guilty pleasure I later regret indulging in. We are seduced into empathizing with male suffering in an unjust social order. Fukasaku gives us a world of romanticized assholes; a dark morality tale. But although it might be a fun ride, please don't take it seriously as social commentary. The underside of capital and state power does not equal its opposite.

11. ermete polpette's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

12. KATIEDEESE's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

This weekend I watched the film “The Yakuza papers: battles without honor”and this movie had to be one of the most boring movies I ever spent an hour and 30 minutes watching. The major issue I have with this movie is it is very difficult to follow who is who in the movie. It's beyond impossible to know who is when the movie has no character build up to it. The gunshot scenes seemed unrealistic and was very boring.

13. Joe Guada's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

A complete surprise - enjoyed the style, chaotic, grim ironic feel of the film. I loo forward to see the other 4 movies

14. the_mentaculus's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

I forgot just how much fun these movies are. (Bursts of savage violence! Betrayal! Blood!) Fukasaku was going for the visceral and the jugular - so personally, I think anyone trying to keep track of the madness is missing part of the method. This is chaos, an anarchy of souls and men suffering from post-war radiation poisoning, and passing the symptoms along to everyone else. Post-apocalypse.

15. Ben Loory's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

Enjoyed the music, the costumes, the sets, the framing... everything that wasn't the story, which was incomprehensible and boring

16. RadricDavis's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

Very Curious to see where this series goes.

17. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

First of five in "The Yakuza Papers" is very confusing in terms of plot... but VERY STYLISH and so very '70s!!! The gangster elements and visual style make this a '70s companion to Scorsese's early work. Definitely similar in many ways. A sprawling story of crime in the Japan underworld rising up after the war and is as explosive as the Hiroshima bomb that opens the film.

18. HSBilly's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

this entertaining classy cool-ass film is absolutely diamond. and the betraying-each-other storyline is addictive. oh and those familliar faces

19. Egoisms's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

An unadulterated masterpiece.

20. film_lies101's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

It's unrelenting in its bleakness and it is really hard not admire in honesty. This is the cure for the overly romanticized mob films that became all the craze in the 90s. Just incredible filmmaking!

21. Alexandre Roy's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

Forget the chivalry and honor that you often see in japanese gangster movies. The key word here is realism. Fukasaku shows it like it is: brutal, unpredictable and violent. It's a bit of a chore trying to keep up with all the names and affiliations and the politics of it all. The action scenes are the best parts of the picture. They're energetic and fast-paced and they feel real.

22. jamshid's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

One of the most acclaimed yakuza films ever made. adapted from memoirs of a former yakuza member and mostly remarkable for its yakuza realism approach, abrupt cuttings and vivid brutality

23. vladd's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

Never again I'll look at somebody getting killed (on screen of course) without having that amazing high pitched trumpet synth tune play in my head. A truly remarkable. pure testosterone-fueled, piece of filmmaking.

24. emichan's rating of the film The Yakuza Papers: Battles Without Honor and Humanity

One of the best Yakuza flick