1. lou.'s rating of the film The Young Victoria

Recently saw on tv —was I distracted or was it totally forgettable?

2. Erica Narduzzi's rating of the film The Young Victoria

La storia della famiglia reale inglese mi ha sempre affascinata e ho sempre amato film/serie tv in costume (di qualsiasi nazionalità o epoca). Emily Blunt è una meravigliosa giovane regina nel suo difficile primo anno da sovrana. Se ignoriamo, per un momento, il fatto che ha sposato suo cugino (cosa tristemente comune a quei tempi) anche la storia d'amore con il principe Albert è decisamente coinvolgente.

3. bogdann's rating of the film The Young Victoria

good cinematography, but the historical inaccuracies shouldn't have made their way in here

4. Àlex Frias Haro's rating of the film The Young Victoria

Emily Blunt ofrece una actuación poderosa, emotiva, y sensible, en un filme de época excelentemente producido, que ofrece una faceta -y rostro- poco abordado y conocido en cine: la juventud y los inicios del reinado de la reina Victoria.

5. cevausername's rating of the film The Young Victoria

6. f-nanda's rating of the film The Young Victoria

I'm a sucker for this kind of movie. Emily Blunt is perfect! Very enjoyable and sweet.

7. apiliavsky@gmail.com's rating of the film The Young Victoria

Sweet, predictable, unmemorable.

8. tealeaves's rating of the film The Young Victoria

Loved the cast - Rupert Friend is so cute when German, and Emily Blunt is always brimful of wit and charm. I thought this was a sweet and optimistic film. Obviously a bit schmaltzy but mainly enjoyably so. Super costumes.

9. Minna's rating of the film The Young Victoria

I don't really know why I love this film so much - it's not exactly a masterpiece or anything. Probably because when I was little I had a small obsession with all things Victorian, especially Victoria & Albert, and this just gives me all the warm nostalgic feels. But also Emily Blunt & Rupert Friend are lovely, the costumes are beautiful, and the soundtrack is pretty good too.

10. Squashua's rating of the film The Young Victoria

A visually sumptuous, if mastubatory, ode to the early court drama of the Victorian era. Scenes are flooded with candlelight gold, gilded brocade, strolls through hedge-edged gardens and a thousand lace trimmed royal ball gowns but sadly Victoria becomes a bystander to the male characters' politics. As a historical biopic, it doesn't seem weighty on the accuracies, as a dramatisation it's not particularly dramatic.

11. Ijubeli's rating of the film The Young Victoria

a truly beautiful film. Well done to all concerned, what a lovely way to spend an hour and half.

12. Nika Jazaee's rating of the film The Young Victoria

13. Susana Bessa's rating of the film The Young Victoria

There's a humanity in this historical character study we don't regularly witness in period pieces. This romantic-centric portrait of the beginning of Queen Victoria's long reign manages to be a compact lovely talky film without dismissing its many motifs and/or motivations. It is a breath of fresh air and a wonderful exposure for both Blunt and Friend who deliver the engrossing emotional dimensions that define it.

14. Joana Teixeira's rating of the film The Young Victoria

15. paul oram's rating of the film The Young Victoria

William IVs great. In reality the real Victoria turned out every bit as overbearing as her own mother.

16. Anaís's rating of the film The Young Victoria

Una película que no sigue los cánones de introducción, nudo y desenlace. No es mala, pero sí prescindible.

17. jenifferp's rating of the film The Young Victoria

18. Zach Closs's rating of the film The Young Victoria

I've always been skeptical of English period dramas, but due to Victoria's rebellious nature as the first feminist, we have a film that criticizes the pretentious nature of the era instead of gloryfying it, as so many English period pieces do. The great romance between her and Albert is wonderfully handled. A real treasure.

19. Victor Bruno's rating of the film The Young Victoria

20. Kenji's rating of the film The Young Victoria

Lush, seductive, soppy royalist propaganda

21. Annisa Ayuningtyas's rating of the film The Young Victoria

really pictures the strength of a woman and how a man cope with it :)

22. Maoolina Fajrini's rating of the film The Young Victoria

Sweet and touchy. Emily Blunt and Rupert Friend surely make this movie worth viewing

23. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Young Victoria

Interesting period piece about a moment of the British monarchy rarely handled by cinema. I personally thought that Queen Victoria was fat and 80 years old during her whole life. How wrong was I ! The film earned an Academy award nomination in the Best Achievement in Art Direction category. Recommended.

24. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film The Young Victoria

Beautiful historical drama (7,2/10)