1. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film This Happy Breed

8.1/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2Kf

2. petit astronaute's rating of the film This Happy Breed

An extraordinary 35 mm print, from the BFI. I think I never seen a print in such a pristine state, with wonderful colours (Technicolor), the film's best attribute.

3. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film This Happy Breed

The Great War was won, then what? Cultural and political trends, social and intimate events are not there to stay, but to pass, adding up to a chronicle of uncertainty and disillusionment.

4. Ethan's rating of the film This Happy Breed

Although it can be a bit boring time sometimes this film presents a story that we don't see very often. There are lots of war movies but this film can best be categorized as an in between the wars movie. A total human drama that brings to life the ordinary struggles of the home front in dealing with the aftermath of one war and the initial lead up to another.

5. Allison Rung's rating of the film This Happy Breed

I read this was the "most successful" film of 1944, which is funny because it has no plot... it records one tenancy (1919-1939) of a terracehouse in Clapham, and what is plot but how characters move around? (Discuss.) And some trivia: Late in the film the radio plays Beethoven's 7th just as it announces the death of King George (V). Is this what BBC rly did and, and why The King's Speech makes the 7th its theme?

6. Adam Suraf's rating of the film This Happy Breed

It's no wonder Ronald Neame's title card is as big and prominent as David Lean's, the Technicolor cinematography here is glorious.

7. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film This Happy Breed

David Lean directed this domestic drama near the end of WWII, which follows the life of a family from the end of WWI to the brink of the second World War. A quintessentially British examination of society during a very specific time, the film is a beautifully photographed tribute to the British people made at the very end of perhaps their darkest period. Moving and powerfully rendered.

8. InsertOzuReferencehere's rating of the film This Happy Breed

A very mature film for a younger Lean. The wizdom and understanding of the poetic nature of "the family" is criminally overlooked in this film. My personal favourite David Lean film.

9. Richmond Hill's rating of the film This Happy Breed

A little too 'mockney' in places, but a generally appealing appreciation of the importance of family despite being trapped by a script soaked in formaldehyde.