1. FISCHER's rating of the film Three Brothers

Une oeuvre sobre et sensible... www.cinefiches.com

2. Stefano Pedrocchi's rating of the film Three Brothers

Mixed feelings: I felt sparks of deep embracement at some points, but in the end I had the feeling that it either ended too soon or lasted for too long. That portion of Puglie properly conveys and matches with the sense of relentless loneliness of every character.

3. nouvelle vague 1960's rating of the film Three Brothers

"Three Brothers"is not only the tale of a disparate family,who are brought back to the family home,after the death of their Mother.Its also a film that reflects the divisions of modern Italy.Each brother represents a part of the fractured society,with their hopes and fears.Its only through the father and granddaughter (past and future)that we feel a sadness for what has been lost and a hope for what might be regained

4. Silenzio's rating of the film Three Brothers

Another wonderful film from Rosi and from what I gather maybe the last fillm from his Golden period. Rosi is one of the few Italian directors to really confront the North-south issue of the country in a mature intelligent manner. Rosi and Guerra adapted the platonov story to Italy so cleverly. The dream scene with Mezzogiorno sweeping up all the weapons in Itally to Pino Danieles je' so' pazzo is fantastic!