1. Renton47's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

You have to be in awe of the proximity this allows us to other species, humanised but centrally ape, in a visual and emotional sense. And in its thoroughly digital construction, Reeves also manages some of the most beautifully cinematic images that should be the norm for films costing this much. The image always carried weight, even when the necessity of tying things together felt contrived 3.5

2. Pipim's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

J'hésite à mettre cinq étoiles, tant cet opus m'a bouleversé. Il y a un tel écart entre le premier et le dernier volume, c'est incroyable. Une fable sur l'humanité. Une éducation à l'empathie avec des réminiscences du XXeme siècle, la description de la fin d'un monde. Le spectacle de la nature, de l'intelligence, de la fraternité. Comment Hollywood peut produire un film si communiste ?

3. Gonçalo's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

An astonishing, intense, deeply emotional (my eyes are still wet) and human masterpiece, and a perfect ending to what is, against all odds, a brilliant trilogy. I seriously doubt I'll see a film quite as good as this one for the rest of the year. It's pretty incredible.

4. Droog811's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

Probably my favorite of all the new ape films. There's a lot of heart in this "war" film, where the apes have more compassion and humanity than the humans. Andy Serkis is incredible as Caesar and Woody Harrelson does his best Marlon Brando from Apocalypse Now imitation.

5. Roy Deckard's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

Brace yourselves, Hollywood. Matt Reeves is coming. Actually, he's already here.

6. MXN BWN's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

Terribly predictable storyline.

7. noice's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

8. Ann Burden's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

9. east1999's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

The best of the three, as it becomes radically quirky and it gets the budget to do so. I mean, apes and snow? An educated, comic relief ape? Paradoxically, I feel like the narrative's purported drivers (the apes' leadership structure, their relationship with humans) are holding it back, so I'm truly hopeful for a fourth film of pure ethnography and worldbuilding.

10. FCC 86's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

11. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

This epic war fantasy is painted with the dark hues drawn from the suffering and despair of losing loved ones as the menace of extinction becomes real.

12. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

There is this sequence in the start - reminiscent of this year's Alien: Covenant, as intro and showcase to a lategame opus - the cave invasions by green-laser-waving men, that pulses with sci-fi and vertigo and possibilities (with one of the best and most thrilling tracks Michael Giacchino has done, tribal whistles from the future) that urges to kickstart a film as good as the dark, powerful "Dawn". Slowly [cont.]

13. Antonio León Medina's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

Acabo de salir de la sala de cine. Muy buena película. Los simios viven en el bosque y luchan por sobrevivir. César no quiere la guerra pero sabe que es inevitable. El fantasma de Koba lo atormenta. Decide matar al General por haber asesinado a su esposa y a su hijo. La lucha entre humanos y simios es dura. César logra salvarlos y los lleva a su nuevo hogar. Cornelius su hijo menor, vive, pero César muere al llegar.

14. Luca Soldati's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

Narrazione con molti alti e bassi. Ritmo non esente da difetti. Buona la violenza e la crudezza di alcune scene. Alcune scelte narrative inverosimili minano l'atmosfera creata. Non male lo scontro fra i due protagonisti, ma il Colonnello è mal sfruttato. La regia ha alcuni guizzi, ma è minata da una narrazione non sempre efficace. La fotografia non è male. Tranne Cesare, personaggi non granché.Colonna sonora ispirata

15. Huey McEvoy's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

An indisputable paradigm shifter in how cinematic technology perfectly serves the story, up there with 'A Trip to the Moon', 'King Kong', '2001', 'Jurassic Park' etc. The mocap is *breathtaking* - do see it on the biggest screen possible. The words needed to describe Serkis' performance alone have not yet been invented. It's *almost* a masterpiece, were it not for Harrelson's disappointingly shade-free Colonel.

16. FISCHER's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

Neuvième mouture d'une stagnante et percluse saga adaptée du fameux roman de Pierre Boulle, qui s'enfonce et s'enlise dans des marécages d'ineptie et de fatuité avec ses insipides séquences d'une lourdeur faramineuse teintée de ridicule et de mièvrerie. www.cinefiches.com

17. Dan's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

My attention started to lag because it seemed as if its plot had been reduced to a simple revenge tale but then I thought "Matt Reeves made a snowy spaghetti Western with apes as a stand-in for Indians. Fuck." It was genuinely thrilling and then became ridiculous. I took Woody Harrelson's performance as proof that this was completely intentional.

18. DenoResandono's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

The third entry in the prequel of PLANET OF THE APES franchise. WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES maybe not as complex as RISE or DAWN. But this movie still offered you some excitements. The true power of this movie is its character development. We see an old Caesar. He grew older & wiser. Thanks to Andy Serkis' mo-cap performance. I think he deserves an Oscar. I loved how this movie paid homage to the original version.

19. camille's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

20. rksw's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

My god. I held my tears till my throat hurt and look at the visual!!!!!!

21. Viginti_tres's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

Treating the most ludicrous premise of the summer with the most sincerity shouldn't work, but the relentless class and dignity that Reeves imbues these dramas with is always surprising. The visuals are relied on to tell the story, since the characters can't or don't talk, in an almost PIXAR-ian way, and look beautiful besides. It's just a shame that I don't actually care about this world.

22. Faizal Agusdin's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

23. Addy K.'s rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

"Caesar! What is happening?" Beat. Caesar explains. "Look! What are they doing?" Beat. He instantly clarifies. It's the type of indicative storytelling that almost ruins the new APES. Compared to the superior DAWN, this is a shaggy-dog story with an absurd storyline (Woody Harrelson lays it all out to comical effect). Reeves directs from his own script, yet cannot prevail. Serkis' mo-cap performance is unbelievable.

24. Domiziana's rating of the film War for the Planet of the Apes

One of my favorite blockbuster