1. Kieren Hughes's rating of the film Wild at Heart

With the success of Blue Velvet having upped his budget, this is free-wheeling, Lynchian pulp expanded beyond his contained locations and instead across the entirety of Southern USA. Taking on everything from Wizard of Oz references to Elvis Presley movies, Wild at Heart outweirds, outfrightens and outfunnies anything we’d seen Lynch do until that point. Needless to say, 'boring' it certainly isn't.

2. Seraphie's rating of the film Wild at Heart

3. jacqueslefataliste's rating of the film Wild at Heart

Tornade amoureuse et érotique. L’amour fou dans l’univers à la fois violent et onirique de David Lynch. Un chef d’œuvre dans son ordre propre.

4. Robert H's rating of the film Wild at Heart

The Wizard of Oz was made to be directed by David Lynch, and this film gets it so right - "this whole town's wild at heart and wierd on top". I loved both the direct and indirect references, the instrumental use of "Wicked Game" and the brief cameo from Sherilyn Fenn. Ladd is wonderful and worth of her nominations, while Cage plays quite a tame role, all things considered. This film has one of the best end sequences!

5. Beadigital's rating of the film Wild at Heart

ein unverkennbarer lynch - aber wie ich finde, einer seiner schwächsten.

6. Ludovic72's rating of the film Wild at Heart

Avec ce "conte de fées rock", Lynch a créé un mini-scandale à Cannes en 1990, surtout quand le film a reçu la Palme d'Or. On peut bien sûr critiquer son manque de subtilité, ses dérives caricaturales. Mais il croit dur comme fer en ses personnages et à la grandeur de leur amour, qui résiste à un monde absurde et malade. Il parvient à nous faire croire en eux... et nous offre au passage quelques scènes d'anthologie !

7. Shane Ewen's rating of the film Wild at Heart

I couldn't get over Nicholas Cage's chest rug. More Twin Peaks than Blue Velvet.

8. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Wild at Heart

If you're wild at heart you have to remain true to it regardless; you can't just click your heels and go back home. This conceit is as relevant to the filmmaking as to the characters in the film. Both run out of steam but for both the wildness ultimately wins out. The future? That could be a car crash or a winding road.

9. Tja's rating of the film Wild at Heart

'This whole world's wild at heart and weird on top' Peanut remarks in a rare moment of lucidity. Can't help feeling this is a comment on David Lynch's take on 'reality'. Strong chemistry between the leads makes us care. The southern setting, psycotic blonds and murderous hoodlums are straight out of Tennessee Williams. Their world's ablaze, the roof's down, as passion takes the wheel ...

10. fada19's rating of the film Wild at Heart

Roméo et Juliette sauce Lynch

11. Avenca's rating of the film Wild at Heart

Did I ever tell ya that this here jacket represents a symbol of my individuality, and my belief in personal freedom?

12. Can Boyan's rating of the film Wild at Heart

Once again, David Lynch stole more than an hour of my life for mediocre imagery. Cage as the cherry on top of this fruit cake, introducing another level of rawness as usual; placing this piece somewhere between meh to unbearable.

13. Kristin Tomren's rating of the film Wild at Heart

One of my favorite movies of all time.

14. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Wild at Heart

15. LibertyCapz's rating of the film Wild at Heart

Probably now my favorite of Lynch's film. So delightfully camp, yet somehow still undeniably cool. I totally want a snakeskin jacket now, that I'll wear unironically to symbolize my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom.

16. Bruno Tormos's rating of the film Wild at Heart

Wild at heart, and weird on top.

17. Anna Filodor's rating of the film Wild at Heart

Laura Dern's body. And hair. Period.

18. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Wild at Heart

19. blkrchs's rating of the film Wild at Heart

20. Adam GR's rating of the film Wild at Heart

An awesome beginning. Willem Dafoe's never been uglier. Diane Ladd slays a tangerine nail.

21. Ramzi's rating of the film Wild at Heart

Very good fun, although the surreal parts can feel a bit 'Lynch-by-numbers' at times. Cage's performance is a treat, of course.

22. MisterColo93's rating of the film Wild at Heart

23. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Wild at Heart

The Lynchean American Dream is weird shit happening at all times and Wile E. Coyote crying madly with drinks in her hands. It is over the top in every way imaginable and it still feels sincere and lovable. Cage, Dern and Dafoe are amazing and the twin peaks gang have a bunch of delightful cameos. What's not to love?

24. Viginti_tres's rating of the film Wild at Heart

What struck me most this time was the way the pair stagnate at Big Tuna, turning into their parents as soon as they stop moving, physically and situationally. Sailor could use sharkskin to represent his individuality and personal freedom just as well.