1. blkrchs's rating of the film Wild at Heart

2. Adam GR's rating of the film Wild at Heart

An awesome beginning. Willem Dafoe's never been uglier. Diane Ladd slays a tangerine nail.

3. Ramzi's rating of the film Wild at Heart

Very good fun, although the surreal parts can feel a bit 'Lynch-by-numbers' at times. Cage's performance is a treat, of course.

4. MisterColo93's rating of the film Wild at Heart

5. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Wild at Heart

The Lynchean American Dream is weird shit happening at all times and Wile E. Coyote crying madly with drinks in her hands. It is over the top in every way imaginable and it still feels sincere and lovable. Cage, Dern and Dafoe are amazing and the twin peaks gang have a bunch of delightful cameos. What's not to love?

6. Viginti_tres's rating of the film Wild at Heart

What struck me most this time was the way the pair stagnate at Big Tuna, turning into their parents as soon as they stop moving, physically and situationally. Sailor could use sharkskin to represent his individuality and personal freedom just as well.

7. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Wild at Heart

8. JCPJD's rating of the film Wild at Heart

The older I get the less impressed I am with David Lynch. Watching his films were like a hammer to the chest (in my teens), but the relentless psychoanalytic trancendental dreamscape of his films, this one especially, strikes me as a little juvenile in my adulthood. An important period in a film lovers development, but one that should be grown out of. This film is...Lynchian. That's the review.

9. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Wild at Heart

Wizard of Oz on crack with Nic Cage impersonating Elvis Presley with murderous impulses? I mean, c'mon... just take my money.

10. Diego Ruscitto's rating of the film Wild at Heart

11. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film Wild at Heart

I am not the girl I used to be. I cannot think about these kind of movies as real and honest ones. Doesn't make sense to me anymore except for Twin Peaks and Mullholand Drive, definitely.

12. William's rating of the film Wild at Heart

Rewatched this after many years & had a greater appreciation for it. There are still some off-putting juvenile things in the mix, but the power of the imagery & the swiftness of the intercut narrative are a force to be reckoned with. Diane Ladd is incredible. Harry Dean Stanton is at his most humane. A lot here prefigures a style Tarantino is usually credited with, not least the sense of true exhilarating danger.

13. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Wild at Heart

14. mimivulturul's rating of the film Wild at Heart

15. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Wild at Heart

Yeah so it's dumb trash but it's hella vivid dumb trash and what would seem uncharacteristically glib and post-modern for Lynch is redeemed by the absolute earnestness of Cage and Dern who are thrilling and sexy as hell together. It has the reddest of reds and the sweatiest of sweat and it really is wild at heart and weird on top. Willem Dafoe is vile and the music kicks ass. That car crash scene haunts me.

16. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film Wild at Heart

17. L'immoralistee's rating of the film Wild at Heart

18. ñiñiñi's rating of the film Wild at Heart

no sé si es así pero siento que en todo momento está siendo irónico el david lynch, pero le sale con mucha belleza: las muertes, el baile y que los personajes tuvieran mucho control sobre su entorno, ah y cuánto amor erótico, muy lindo todo eso. sailor es el mismo tipo de chico que julian de trailer park boys

19. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Wild at Heart

Were you fooled by the Palme d'Or? The joke is on Lynch because it's meant to be ironic. The best worst moment was probably the scene in the bathroom. Diane Ladd calls Sailor a shit, and the camera points into the toilet in case you didn't understand her meaning. It fed into most of the actors need to ham it up relentlessly. They just injected 'The Wizard of OZ' references apropos of nothing. Embarrassment!

20. Levi Miah's rating of the film Wild at Heart

Chock full of Lynch's regular quirks, only, regularly boring... The symbolism is probably the least cryptic of any of his films and it's uneven throughout, flitting between a mass of plot threads and underscorings that lead to nowhere, only to end up with a truly cliché ending. But there's a few good moments and it's visually solid. Part coming-of-age road movie, part sleazy exploitation pastiche. Watch it for Dafoe.

21. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Wild at Heart

A fucking awesome raging piece of road-moviemaking baby! With Elvis and the punks and trailer park metaphysics, the death bringing wicked witch smeared with lipstick and the horny Lula and the Sailor and the snake skin jacket that stands for his individuality. A mad strange world that rises from the dark and deep streams of Americana.

22. Jonas Silgalis's rating of the film Wild at Heart

This whole world's wild at heart and weird on top

23. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Wild at Heart

I always come back to the moments when innocence is ruptured — Lula unable to find any warmth on the radio, driving by a dying young woman on the side of the road, that awful Willem Dafoe scene. It all hurts a ton. You want to click your red slippers together and wake up in your childhood bed. You're unable to, unable to escape the chaos and violence. But you're somehow able to find love in a bleak grownup world.

24. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film Wild at Heart

(Generous) 7 - Exceptionally enjoyable, if somewhat meandering tonal pastiche made in Lynch's inimitable late style (animalistic acting, grainy and muted colours, small town America) that manages to feel different from the rest of his oeuvre thanks to its constant barrage of insanity. Its polarizing reputation is richly deserved, and I could see myself enjoying it more on a rewatch.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7