1. DSPRKY's rating of the film Woman of the Lake

Oft-roving cameras and outstretched hands reaching for nothing make the opening scene here one of the greats. The film is full of other such wonderful moments, but (as clichéd as this sounds) it never quite packs as much of a punch as Antonioni's best.

2. kinotopia's rating of the film Woman of the Lake

too long antonioni/oshima ripoff. a precursor to cinema du look.

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Woman of the Lake

4. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Woman of the Lake

You can see his influences, but not so much his style. There were some high moments, but the story is too generic.

5. Yongjia Li's rating of the film Woman of the Lake

6. Francisco R.'s rating of the film Woman of the Lake

The opening scene is breathtaking, but then my expectations were squashed by the rather lame, standard storyline. The second half reminds one of Antonioni but the sophistication stops at its view of women, which is strictly XIX century. The arthouse trimmings and skewed narrative effectively engaged me as long as they made me forget what was actually going on. Once you return to make sense of it, it all falls apart.

7. Mellow Dude's rating of the film Woman of the Lake

8. chickenwing's rating of the film Woman of the Lake

Great execution of well trodden plot material. Mariko Okada is stunning, if nothing else, only cause there's is nothing else for her to do. The cinematography is memorable.

9. Scott Barley's rating of the film Woman of the Lake

So close to a bona-fide masterpiece in my eyes; maybe the overt comparisons with Antonioni's work, tainted the experience, as well as the platitudinous score prevent it from making that last step. Nevertheless, this film is brimming with true filmic intensity, that one rarely sees (or feels) in "narrative" cinema.

10. rokas's rating of the film Woman of the Lake

beautifully shot & heavily charged with sensuality. many scenes are going to be stuck with me for a long time.

11. xrystyna's rating of the film Woman of the Lake

12. Gondo's rating of the film Woman of the Lake

A film about film, literally.

13. Neither/Nor's rating of the film Woman of the Lake

Yoshida's thesis/antithesis of cinema with Antonionian intelligence.