1. Sol Petchorine's rating of the film Woyzeck

_ Quand le soleil est à midi et que le monde prend feu ...

2. GIL's rating of the film Woyzeck

3. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Woyzeck

Kinski's eyes in this are......

4. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Woyzeck

5. Bécot Georges's rating of the film Woyzeck

Pourquoi n'y a t'il pas Woyzeck comme indiqué, et à la place un documentaire de Herzog sur le Niger ???

6. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Woyzeck

7. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Woyzeck

Vibrates at a very high velocity. The whole world thrums with anxiety. Both director and actor play it hard and tenderly. I love the cheeky way in which Herzog stamps his name over Kinski's swollen face in the opening credits.

8. FISCHER's rating of the film Woyzeck

Le soldat Franz Woyzeck, en butte aux brimades du capitaine et du médecin de la garnison, apprend que Marie, sa femme, a une aventure avec le séduisant tambour-major.. Etonnant Kinski ! www.cinefiches.com

9. ermete polpette's rating of the film Woyzeck

10. msmichel's rating of the film Woyzeck

Herzog's take on the Woyzeck story was his third brilliant collaboration with madman/actor Klaus Kinski and resulted in this mesmerizing film that may pale in scope compared to their other collaborations but still has an extreme power over the viewer. Kinski is brilliant here in a performance of inner turmoil, ticks and anxieties. Also of note is the Cannes winning supporting turn by Eva Mattes.

11. Louis Robert's rating of the film Woyzeck

12. cin·aes·the·tic's rating of the film Woyzeck

For Herzog/Kinski completionists. A visual tone poem depicting the descent into madness (complete with cacophony of a town brass band), based on the original (unfinished) stage play by Georg Büchner. Set in rural Saxony or Prussia in the early 1800s (before German unification), the film shows that the poor were/are handy test subjects for 'science'. The field of poppies reminds me of "The Wizard of Oz" (sans road).

13. ionosonde's rating of the film Woyzeck

not herzog's best. didn't do anything for me. the characterization felt forced.

14. PJ's rating of the film Woyzeck

15. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Woyzeck

Werner Herzog is a genius. Woyzeck is beautifully crafted and acted. I loved how stationary the camera was. The long takes with the stationary camera really allow the audience to explore every minute detail of the film. I think this might be Klaus Kinski's best performance! This film isn't for everyone though. It's a very slowly paced film, but in my opinion the slow pace allows the ending to have a greater impact.

16. Landen Celano's rating of the film Woyzeck

Truly one of Kinski's finest performances. Also Herzog's restraint here is really intriguing. The "pivotal" scene is absolutely mesmerizing.

17. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Woyzeck

18. David R Williams's rating of the film Woyzeck

I could watch Kinski in anything and it would still be great even if it wasn't. A dark and really very funny tale of madness, lust and jealousy.

19. Zac Weber's rating of the film Woyzeck

Herzog uses the ponderous long-takes to give full attention to Kinski's frantic and magnetic on-screen presence. The intensity of Kinski's eyes and facial expressions give the entire film a teetering sense of mystery and insanity—culminating with the surreal moment when Woyzeck finally breaks.

20. fearraigh's rating of the film Woyzeck

Herzog's adaptation of Büchner's play has some great moments and brilliant asides at German medical ratiocination of the early 19th century. Nonetheless, despite a suitably crazed performance from Kinski, Woyzeck feels like it's very much a minor film.

21. Nick Potter's rating of the film Woyzeck

I'm not sure there's a better team for a descent into total madness than Herzog and Kinski. The film overall is only fine, but Kinski really saves the day here.

22. Ghostman's rating of the film Woyzeck

One of Herzog's best IMO. That ending is crazy man

23. Junkle's rating of the film Woyzeck

Felt like a book I would read in a dream.

24. Myles's rating of the film Woyzeck

About time Kinski comes through with a restrained character. This is a quiet movie by Herzog's standards. That's what makes it such a pleasure.