1. kartina obskura's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

Baš mi se sviđa onaj stilski ormar što imaju u sobi. Posebno u kombinaciji sa crveno-crnim zidom i slikom na zidu. Pozajmiću foru sa pikadom, samo što ću ja da stavim sliku Nabokova. // "Ti voliš sve ljude, ali nisi u stanju da voliš jednog čoveka."

2. haouzahmed's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

Indeed, it's hard to think of a heady mix of fiction and nonfiction, or sex and politics , i like it it;s funny and wierd too

3. Pymo's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

4. rachel mar's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

5. Tutu888's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

Godard meets the counterculture. Although some comments here mention the freshness of this film I think this was already outdated in 1972. Some good symbolism and some nice footage of Wilhelm Reich. The man who fled communism and fascism to be broken in the land of the free.

6. TheoElefthe's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

An obituary of Stalinism using Wilhelm's Reich pseudoscientific works

7. Ştefan Ristea's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

Scatterbrained comedy that combines so many elements from so many places that it is borderline impressive, but also inherently incoherent. Socialist revolution and sexual revolution are so intertwined that not even decapitation will stop a true supporter of this idea from spreading it further to all of her comrades. This collage left me confused on first viewing, and definitely deserves a re-watch. Light to Decent 7

8. Moses Lumpkin's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

9. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

Who knew that a film about communism, orgasms and soviet ice skating would be this fascinating... besides anyone who loves film? I recognized the Tree of Life tune during the penis-cast scene and it was wonderful.

10. paxy's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

Both intelligent and disgusting, unfortunately the last overcomes the first one.

11. Not A Sexy Vampire's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

A delightful, irreverent and thought-provoking doco, coming across as an insane Monty Python/Benny Hill sketch. Asks pertinent questions about the way we view sex, it's potential to be a political act, it's relationship to politics, gender and sexual orientation. So many memorable images. Only someone like LaBruce is making cinema this provocative.

12. Renton47's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

I think it’s appropriate that by today’s standards the namesake of WR, who is afforded a respect not granted to anyone else depicted, is indistinguishable from other counter culture/political factions. Basically I realised that liberation is more insufferable then repression. Of course I already knew that Plato’s cave is a silly ideal, but damn if each of us doesn’t claim to be enlightened.

13. ebabehh's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

The orgone accumulator. Pretty much the same reaction as Sweet Movie: an absolutely original aesthetic full of shocking images that alternatively put me to sleep and woke me up with the feeling that I'd experienced a singular absurd dream intermingling Eastern European Marxism with American capitalism.

14. Drew.'s rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

Sex as revolution to get more sex vs. sex as revolution to get more revolution. This is one of the few films made by a cis man I'd call truly feminist. It's filled with a delightful rage balanced with an alternate window into joy. ALSO Jackie is an icon.

15. vizija's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

16. Chearth's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

17. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

18. Aditya Watts's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

19. FISCHER's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

Amour délirant d'une séduisante esthéticienne pour un patineur soviétique, sur fond de théories reichiennes et marxistes ..... www.cinefiches.com

20. Balthaz21's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

21. ceknklsn's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

22. Jason's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

WR ought be held in especially high esteem as far as countercultural cinematic UFOs from the late-60s / early 70s are concerned. It has a number of things going for it: 1) comes at the West, sure (what wasn't?), but also comes at the East in a way that nobody else was and which is totally instructive; 2) comes from a place that is learned; 3) is extremely wry; 4) finds the exact right from (which is no one else's).

23. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

24. bearpurses's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

russian sexual repression is what will get us all in the end