1. paxy's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

Both intelligent and disgusting, unfortunately the last overcomes the first one.

2. Not A Sexy Vampire's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

A delightful, irreverent and thought-provoking doco, coming across as an insane Monty Python/Benny Hill sketch. Asks pertinent questions about the way we view sex, it's potential to be a political act, it's relationship to politics, gender and sexual orientation. So many memorable images. Only someone like LaBruce is making cinema this provocative.

3. Renton47's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

I think it’s appropriate that by today’s standards the namesake of WR, who is afforded a respect not granted to anyone else depicted, is indistinguishable from other counter culture/political factions. Basically I realised that liberation is more insufferable then repression. Of course I already knew that Plato’s cave is a silly ideal, but damn if each of us doesn’t claim to be enlightened.

4. ebabehh's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

The orgone accumulator. Pretty much the same reaction as Sweet Movie: an absolutely original aesthetic full of shocking images that alternatively put me to sleep and woke me up with the feeling that I'd experienced a singular absurd dream intermingling Eastern European Marxism with American capitalism.

5. Drew.'s rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

Sex as revolution to get more sex vs. sex as revolution to get more revolution. This is one of the few films made by a cis man I'd call truly feminist. It's filled with a delightful rage balanced with an alternate window into joy. ALSO Jackie is an icon.

6. vizija's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

7. Chearth's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

8. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

9. Aditya Watts's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

10. FISCHER's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

Amour délirant d'une séduisante esthéticienne pour un patineur soviétique, sur fond de théories reichiennes et marxistes ..... www.cinefiches.com

11. Balthaz21's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

12. ceknklsn's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

13. Jason's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

WR ought be held in especially high esteem as far as countercultural cinematic UFOs from the late-60s / early 70s are concerned. It has a number of things going for it: 1) comes at the West, sure (what wasn't?), but also comes at the East in a way that nobody else was and which is totally instructive; 2) comes from a place that is learned; 3) is extremely wry; 4) finds the exact right from (which is no one else's).

14. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

15. bearpurses's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

russian sexual repression is what will get us all in the end

16. Aardsy's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

One of the worse things I've ever seen.

17. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

This is the kind of comedy however that isn't so much laugh out loud, mostly because your jaw is on the floor for much of the viewing, either in something like shock or confusion, but more the kind that hits you on a sort of intellectual plane, or an emotional one. It's humor stems from its absurdity, which is so unique that it is hard to define or describe, but can be called surreal definitely.

18. Michael H. CLAES's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

Cool heritage of the liberated sixties ......... -------------- https://vimeo.com/33968384

19. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

Boogie Nights meets the Antichrist (not the von Trier film).

20. Kortirion's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

The beauty one can expect from Bolshevism.

21. astygianelysium's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

a tad overlong but a true delight to watch

22. AdrianM.'s rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

I don't know whether this was brilliant or bullshit. beats me

23. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

Joseph Stalin was a cock in plaster.

24. Danny Indio's rating of the film WR: Mysteries of the Organism

The point is clear: sex is not only a good thing but a primal need that can unleash the "orgasm," a life energy. Repressive societies like our puritanical one or the communist one fear and suppress the orgasm with hero worship, abstractions, distractions, and police powers. Only the chosen ones get the rewards of sex. But these chosen ones have no clue what they are doing and, in the end, prefer destruction.