1. Malt Frisky's rating of the film Yi Yi

Begins with a wedding and ends with a death whilst inbetween we see various suituations on relationships, first loves, wedding difficulties, long lost old flames and psychopath boyfriends for some reason. There's also a theme of spying, looking through glass windows, from afar and mirrors. We are the voyeurism watchers of this film taking notes on the inevitable themes that will happen to our on love life one day.

2. Saraband's rating of the film Yi Yi

3. Henrique Barbosa Justini's rating of the film Yi Yi

I think all the stuff I could tell you... You must I'll find out where you've gone. If I do, can I tell everyone, and bring them to visit you? Grandma, I miss you. Especially when I see my newborn cousin who still doesn't have a name. He reminds me that you always said you felt old. I want to tell him that I feel I am old, too.

4. zdravk3's rating of the film Yi Yi

5. mubianer's rating of the film Yi Yi

35mm. As if Ozu made a soap opera. I must admit I think Hou is in a league above Yang, and Yang's films just get a litle too...adult for me sometimes. However, what makes this stand out is what make all the best Asian cinema stand out: Quiet, contemplative, family oriented cinema. And seeing a relatively new film shot and projected on film is a delight.

6. Andrew Lang's rating of the film Yi Yi

Beautiful and humane film. The first Edward Yang work I have seen and I miss him already

7. Joshua Delos Reyes's rating of the film Yi Yi

8. Ralphesque's rating of the film Yi Yi

I wish the director had made a companion piece for this film called The Adventures of Yang-Yang.

9. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Yi Yi

“Daddy, can we only know half of the truth? I can only see what’s in front, not what’s behind. So I can only know half of the truth, right?”

10. Blue Roses's rating of the film Yi Yi

11. Boyuan123's rating of the film Yi Yi

edward yang is the tolstoy of cinema

12. meepy's rating of the film Yi Yi

"But, Grandma, I know so little. Do you know what I want to do when I grow up? I want to tell people things they don't know. Show them stuff they haven't seen. It'll be so much fun. Perhaps one day... I'll find out where you've gone. If I do, can I tell everyone, and bring them to visit you?" At some stages, we just can’t see what others have seen. And we might not understand but we will in time.

13. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Yi Yi

Una película formalmente sencilla y serena, pero ambiciosa y compleja en su afán de mostrar el desasosiego emocional y las inquietudes existenciales propias de la condición humana, apelando por igual al drama y el humor. Una obra verdaderamente notable llena de sabiduría y humanismo.

14. Aldo vs's rating of the film Yi Yi

15. kathmeep's rating of the film Yi Yi

Yi Yi is about life, people at different stages. Childhood’s playfulness, Teenage first loves, Adulthood’s complexity and the fragility of life at the end of it all. A film that started with a wedding and ended with a funeral, with the youngest talking to the eldest. Isn’t that life? At some stages we just can’t see what others have seen. And we might not understand but we will in time.

16. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Yi Yi

Great spiritual journey through one year of a Taipanese family. Excellent scripted and acted. I enjoyed this film enormously but it needs to be enjoyed and absorbed on it's own.

17. Walker's rating of the film Yi Yi

Yang's career equivalent to Fanny&Alexander

18. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Yi Yi

(5+) Qu'est-ce que le cinéma? Now, we've a convincing answer.

19. luminous's rating of the film Yi Yi

excruciating sense of incompleteness in spite of living the same questions, over and over again

20. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Yi Yi

Never ever was there a film made with more heart and soul. Captures the human spirit so eloquently.

21. DSPRKY's rating of the film Yi Yi

There's a lot going on behind the scenes of this slow-moving drama: a weighty weariness, a cultural unease in the capitalist city. The characters are almost never together, and even when they are, they're separated by walls, glass, by an unspoken existential barrier. Only the eyes of a child can pierce the veil.

22. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film Yi Yi