1. DSPRKY's rating of the film Yi Yi

There's a lot going on behind the scenes of this slow-moving drama: a weighty weariness, a cultural unease in the capitalist city. The characters are almost never together, and even when they are, they're separated by walls, glass, by an unspoken existential barrier. Only the eyes of a child can pierce the veil.

2. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film Yi Yi

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Yi Yi

4. Emil Kurjak's rating of the film Yi Yi

5. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Yi Yi

A beautifully layered and affecting work from Taiwanese master Edward Yang.

6. smndvdcl's rating of the film Yi Yi

A film that warrants hyperbolic praise - let's start with: borderline transcendent.

7. Ethan's rating of the film Yi Yi

This is a true intimate epic that paints a vivid portrait of everyday people and their feelings and regrets. This is also one of the best kid performances in a film, supplying the audience with comic relief that isn't annoying and being a voice of reason in an unreasonable world.

8. Jason's rating of the film Yi Yi

There is just this piercing sense that we are encountering the post-global family, the new organic regime, and that we are dealing w/ the key cinematic work of millennial transition. This is just superlative art, but it is born of humility, and the expression is understated. Formally, every move is precise. Yang is master of the frame, wizard of tempo. Yi Yi: a rapturous account of the human phenomenon in the field.

9. Tim Ellrich's rating of the film Yi Yi

I want to tell them I am old too.

10. Gergő Kovács's rating of the film Yi Yi

It was SO LONG, what the hell. Amazing cinematography, with a constantly recurring theme of reflections, watching through windows, etc.

11. Peregrine's rating of the film Yi Yi

A truly all-encompassing movie of life. The slices are everywhere and the pie is bittersweet. We are alone and together. "We got to do something yeah... to save the children". Watch it and breathe.

12. Aardsy's rating of the film Yi Yi

13. Kevin Costner's rating of the film Yi Yi

14. sigit pre's rating of the film Yi Yi

Be selective in your battles for sometimes peace is better than being right

15. fonzie's rating of the film Yi Yi

as i explore his oeuvre yang is quickly becoming one of my favorite filmmakers. this film is so well composed and one of the most humanistic i've seen.

16. ranchocarne's rating of the film Yi Yi

One of my all time favorites, never get tired of watching this. Subtle and powerful family story. The ending is cute but also haunting, makes me shiver every time.

17. yakimo's rating of the film Yi Yi

yi yi is one of the first intense encounter i've had with movie, i watched this in 2009, movie back then for me.. was one of the most reachable art forms... and in this case this movie successfully express the deepest part of my soul in such a tangible expression that no other forms could reach..

18. mlstrx's rating of the film Yi Yi

in hindsight, i like this less but admire it more, because it felt so real, still feels real, i know these people, i hope theyre okay

19. vxpl's rating of the film Yi Yi

So beautiful, so sad, so human-ish. Long movie, worth watching. Loved the parts with the little boy - depicts childhood which can be harsh sometimes but leaves the kid genuine and sincere.

20. Zoe Ormonde's rating of the film Yi Yi

"Daddy, I can't see what you see, and you can't see what I see. How can I know what you see?"

21. Maggie's rating of the film Yi Yi

i cried at the ending. such a beautiful story, thank you edward!

22. Arandhitio Ballagi's rating of the film Yi Yi

it's so heartwarming and emotional

23. Tara's rating of the film Yi Yi