Pour une meilleure expérience sur MUBI, Mettez à jour votre navigateur.

Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. mooniac's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

This is a story of pure love standing strong amongst bigotry. Tolerance and forgiving is one of those elements that love is made of.

2. Sadhaka's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

Ignorance and anger... eat the soul.

3. Andrei Herea's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

In this film, Fassbinder I believe, illustrates different aspects of the life as an immigrant...in all it's entirety: the way they live,work and love. The relationship the couple has among themselves and with citizens of that country/ other foreigners. This dynamic is presented in its most basic truthfulness, managing to convey a wholesome portrayal of what it means to be a human being.

4. Ricardo A. Martínez's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

Una bellísima puesta en escena, Los espacios cuadrados que encierran a los personajes y los lugares vacíos reflejan el interior de Ali y Emmi. Con un tono cómico nos presenta la patética vida del Marroquí y la limpiadora, y nos permite establecer una conexión muy fuerte con ellos durante la hora y media. La felicidad no siempre es divertida, pero con este film de Fassbinder, lo es.

5. jannicke's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

6. Hugo Resendiz Saldivar's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

Una mirada a un problema de países con inmigración. Es una historia de amor muy rara, pero a la vez su perspectiva es muy interesante, los junto una casualidad, pero cada quien era justo lo que necesitaba el otro, se complementaron a pesar de todo. Te hace pensar en como es el ser humano y uno identifica eso en su familia, amigos y vecinos.

7. AnıL's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

As a turkish guy, I can say that we've grown up with these kinds of stories since our childhood, especially after "worker immigration" which had happened at '60s with the demand of German government. So the story may be interesting, appealing(or whatever you call it) to most of you, but not for us. But on the other hand, film is quite informative about how those immagrants or minorities have felt in another country.

8. Paul RCHTT's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

One of Fassbinder's best films, very close of Sirk's All That Heaven Allows.

9. chrisperez's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

The restraint in this movie is not stressed well enough. It feels fassbinder but quite unlike his usual 'style'. I want to watch this again!

10. catch_33's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

An incredibly moving film about love born out of alienation and loneliness and the prejudice that almost threatens to tear it apart. Melodramatic, simplistic but oh so expressive and culturally critical. The moments between the two are so well crafted that there needn't even be any dialogue. Brilliant.

11. Omar Antonio Iturriaga's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

'Ali: Fear Eats the Soul' is an absolute must-see. Though the mastery he implements is impressive, the emotional overtones is what brings this piece to life.

12. Pampadoo's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

,,Angst essen Seele auf" is probably the only film, where Fassbinder is so sympathetic to his heroes. I don't like this film very much. However it's a great tribute to Douglas Srik's ,,All that heaven allows". I think that his other melodramas such as ,,Fox and his friends", ,,Merchant of four seasons" or ,,Martha" are better. But it's still my own opinion.

13. Vera Sophia's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

14. Luka's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

Everyone should watch this film, a great and fundamentally German melodrama which portrays the prejudice against the gastarbeiter and the taboo of mixed marriage.

15. Fabio Penela's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

the last third of the film kinda loose it's charm. still a great film.

16. X27's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

like every fassbinder movie very painful to watch. there is no other filmmaker who analyzed and documented post war (west) germany as brutally honest as he did.

17. Raven's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

A very emotional film with serious subject matter

18. cinepheel's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

19. lauli's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

What a beautiful, heartbreaking film! My favourite Fassbinder so far

20. Adrian's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

21. Steve's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

I would've enjoyed this film better if the acting wasn't so terrible. I'd be curious to see how many Germans thought this was a great film

22. Aditya Watts's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

29/6/16 Already an accomplished visual style. A competent film.

23. Jake Cole's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

Loved it while I was watching and kept seeing things, yet so much more clicked in retrospect.

24. In An Expression Of The Inexpressible's rating of the film Angst essen Seele auf

Very stiff and stereotypical in more ways - not just the first-hand mythical prototypes of how people react(ed) on the couples relationship, but also how both see the other and the society around. It's just too simple and gives the movie quite a pinch of an educational story for children. But sure it's an important theme