1. Elephants Gerald's rating of the film A Separation

All the best Iranian films I've seen are about perspective, the truth, the official story and who gets the privilege to tell it.

2. nadnab's rating of the film A Separation

3. dionysus67's rating of the film A Separation

Building primarily on impeccable performances and with an astute sense of irreconcilable conflicts between duties and between duties and love, this is certainly a powerful homage to neorealism. Whilst the closed milieu is not without semantic valence, its lack of a genuinely cinematic aesthetics, cannot lift this emotionally charged film beyond a commanding social drama as it undoubtetdly is. Recommended.

4. EdieEmm's rating of the film A Separation

A story primarily about humans being utterly human, developed and written with breathtaking dexterity. Cinematically, I've got to say I didn't love it, and the characters weren't, to me, personally relatable, and it's definitely not my favourite sort of film... Still, that hardly mattered, while I was watching. Compelling. Undeniably strong. 3.75.

5. Ryan Shea's rating of the film A Separation

Every 5 minutes this movie gets more and more complex, and that's a high compliment. The acting of the entire cast is AMAZING

6. Gia de Almeida's rating of the film A Separation

This film comes to show that all you need is a good direction and screenplay to make a movie that, with very little, keeps you transfixed, just staring at the screen, completely involved in the characters lives. This screenplay is insanely good, one of the best I've seen in years.

7. Kenzozo's rating of the film A Separation

8. Claire Wongsutin's rating of the film A Separation

9. Diogo Moreira's rating of the film A Separation

damn, what a terrific screenplay and amazing performances

10. Ghostman's rating of the film A Separation

A Separation is a masterpiece & one of the best films I've seen from Iran. An emotionally brutal work that isn't afraid to critique the patriarchal institutions that oppress the Iranian people as well as showing how that oppression manifests in them; resulting in our characters actively acting out against each other to save face in front of these social & societal systems. Asghar Farhadi is a very brave filmmaker.

11. gld48's rating of the film A Separation

A very complex and nuanced family drama highlighting the collateral damage of divorce. The actors are solid and the script is concise and insightful. Iranian cinema can do no wrong.

12. Nachtreich's rating of the film A Separation

13. Freddie's rating of the film A Separation

Farhadi weaves every little detail and nuance of the story into his cinematic tapestry with effortless elegance, only to the extent needed to get his point across, and succeeds beautifully. Real life and real characters with their unexaggerated tensions and foibles are at the core of this richly subtle exploration of family relations in a repressive society undergoing a gradual political and cultural shift.

14. patríciapinho's rating of the film A Separation

tag yourself i'm the grandmother that says "what are they saying? "my child" as if their 18-year old son was stabbed to death"

15. alina.'s rating of the film A Separation

16. janice.hughes's rating of the film A Separation

This is a unique and complex Iranian film that portrays the growing strength of women as they exceed men as graduates and become a powerful force in the employment market. Asghar Farhadi exposes the inevitable faultlines of family burdens, an angry outsider and the fractious politics of the religious order and more freedom for women.

17. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film A Separation

18. Adri Azhari's rating of the film A Separation

Drama keluarga terbaik yang pernah aku tonton. Kebohongan-kebohongan yang dianggap 'kecil' terakumulasi dan ternyata berdampak besar pada akhirnya.

19. Giacomo Pozzi's rating of the film A Separation

20. Dieterliebling's rating of the film A Separation

sehr interessanter und gut gespielter film. eine kulturelle bereicherung für europäer.

21. Barrett.'s rating of the film A Separation

The way Farhadi represents multiple characters motives without doing any character a disservice is nothing short of brilliant. - Fascinating and gripping to watch.

22. Lorna Singh's rating of the film A Separation

A masterpiece that requires one's attention, which is easy due to great acting, direction and a brilliant and complex script.

23. MistaRichard's rating of the film A Separation

An apparently simplistic narrative that grows in depth as the film progresses; it isn't exactly contained within the four corners of a screen, creating the appearance of a story that lives on after one is finished watching it.

24. grassybrownie's rating of the film A Separation

watched it right after coming back from Iran. I was lucky to understand this movie so well thanks to that trip. a must watch if you really want to see the true face of modern Iranian society.