1. Nachtreich's rating of the film A Separation

2. Freddie's rating of the film A Separation

Farhadi weaves every little detail and nuance of the story into his cinematic tapestry with effortless elegance, only to the extent needed to get his point across, and succeeds beautifully. Real life and real characters with their unexaggerated tensions and foibles are at the core of this richly subtle exploration of family relations in a repressive society undergoing a gradual political and cultural shift.

3. patríciapinho's rating of the film A Separation

tag yourself i'm the grandmother that says "what are they saying? "my child" as if their 18-year old son was stabbed to death"

4. alina.'s rating of the film A Separation

5. janice.hughes's rating of the film A Separation

This is a unique and complex Iranian film that portrays the growing strength of women as they exceed men as graduates and become a powerful force in the employment market. Asghar Farhadi exposes the inevitable faultlines of family burdens, an angry outsider and the fractious politics of the religious order and more freedom for women.

6. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film A Separation

7. Adri Azhari's rating of the film A Separation

Drama keluarga terbaik yang pernah aku tonton. Kebohongan-kebohongan yang dianggap 'kecil' terakumulasi dan ternyata berdampak besar pada akhirnya.

8. Giacomo Pozzi's rating of the film A Separation

9. Dieterliebling's rating of the film A Separation

sehr interessanter und gut gespielter film. eine kulturelle bereicherung für europäer.

10. Barrett.'s rating of the film A Separation

The way Farhadi represents multiple characters motives without doing any character a disservice is nothing short of brilliant. - Fascinating and gripping to watch.

11. Lorna Singh's rating of the film A Separation

A masterpiece that requires one's attention, which is easy due to great acting, direction and a brilliant and complex script.

12. MistaRichard's rating of the film A Separation

An apparently simplistic narrative that grows in depth as the film progresses; it isn't exactly contained within the four corners of a screen, creating the appearance of a story that lives on after one is finished watching it.

13. grassybrownie's rating of the film A Separation

watched it right after coming back from Iran. I was lucky to understand this movie so well thanks to that trip. a must watch if you really want to see the true face of modern Iranian society.

14. Adam Whybray's rating of the film A Separation

A little schematic and straight-faced for my tastes, though its moral seriousness was appreciated. Fine performances too. But I found myself far more interested in the child characters than the adults. Since the plotting and pacing are exemplary, I suspect I would have appreciated it more as an emotionally wrought three-act play. For those who like character-driven drama though, essential.

15. Steve G.'s rating of the film A Separation

It was ever so nice of Asghar Farhadi to show us that we are allowed to have films this good.

16. choupinet's rating of the film A Separation

Nerve-wracking. This film took me on an emotional rollercoaster. Farhadi is a very talented film director.

17. Aardsy's rating of the film A Separation

So intense, so miserable.

18. salttt's rating of the film A Separation

last night i was as blown away as i was 3 years ago when i watched this film for the first time. god damn

19. FISCHER's rating of the film A Separation

Sans ignorer ou masquer les contraignantes problématiques du quotidien iranien, de ses ubuesques lourdeurs juridiques et des malaises structuraux et sociétaux évidents, cette brillante oeuvre cinématographique s'énonce dans une bienheureuse intemporalité humaine et situationnelle. www.cinefiches.com

20. alcools's rating of the film A Separation

21. freskonthesfenks's rating of the film A Separation

Pure realism. True emotions. Perfect psychological analysis. Very good use at balance of characters. That film is right from the life.

22. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film A Separation

First peek to Iranian cinema for me. Wasn't disappointed at all. Looked like a strong movie overall. Even has some existentialist overtones from the perspective of the girl.

23. Chris's rating of the film A Separation

I can't express how mad I am that scum like woody allen won for writing over this masterpiece

24. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film A Separation

After hearing all the acclaim this one's been getting, I had to see it. The acting is fantastic all around, and the central conflict provides some interesting moral dilemmas, along with having a unique Arabic cultural twist. But the film went on too long, and the ending was a bit lacking, even if it is more realistic than other films dealing with divorce and family strife. I'll check out Asghar Farhadi's other works.