1. Eddie Rinctoya's rating of the film A Teacher

2. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film A Teacher

Not sure why the story is given a dramatic/gloomy feel to it. An unnecessary insistence on making it serious than it is with the fade to black and omniscent soundtrack. It could have worked better as a comedy. A hot teacher/student affair is like every school boy fantasy.

3. captainfez's rating of the film A Teacher

Gee, how did you think it was going to end?

4. Ioana Hogman's rating of the film A Teacher

I think the way the music was used in this movie was pretty brilliant. I also think I just saw a movie that turned a cheesy subject into something that's worth your time and energy.

5. Zineu Simionato's rating of the film A Teacher

Great score and 'some' good camera work

6. Rafael Graterol's rating of the film A Teacher

Interesting music and photography... lacked some depth...

7. ebow's rating of the film A Teacher

good psych breakdown film+great showcase of what talented director can do w. simple dramatic premiss.brilliantly captures allure of illicit relationship destined to fail w. its sensuous abandon,conscious naivete,subtly rendered tragedy at expense of cheap thrills+quick dramatic fixes.5/5 if it had opened up more in the last 10 min,ie not forced closure+resolution.made me feel like we need more women telling stories!

8. kindredp's rating of the film A Teacher

Had high hopes for this film

9. Alberto's rating of the film A Teacher

Incompleto é talvez o melhor adjetivo. O que até nem é mau, porque assim acompanha a deriva e a natureza da protagonista. Faltam algumas cenas, sobram umas quantas outras, mas o que tem chega para chamar a isto um filme.

10. Jeanine Zondag's rating of the film A Teacher

Promising start, well acted, but surprising twists never came and I got bored halfway. Finished it nonetheless, but whish I hadn't.

11. BernardoDiniz's rating of the film A Teacher

12. jxn's rating of the film A Teacher

the score is so incredibly intense but otherwise i wasn't sold. watch 'notes on a scandal' instead.

13. Charles Coleman's rating of the film A Teacher

You have a strong idea of where the movie will go but the way it gets there is really well done and the lead actress is great in the movie. Thrilling.

14. Charles Vignon's rating of the film A Teacher

15. opandadodavid's rating of the film A Teacher

16. courtneylesueur's rating of the film A Teacher

I really have a hard time liking a film when fade outs are overused and good God is this film guilty of that. But I do like that Hannah Fidell likes to start her films in the middle of the story. In 6 Years, we're at the end of the couple's relationship. In this film, Diana is in the middle of her affair. That, to me, is interesting. However it does cause for a lack of character development, especially in this.

17. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film A Teacher

18. lepetitjermey's rating of the film A Teacher

kinda liked how basic and cheap this was

19. saitosouta's rating of the film A Teacher

Understated, bleakly severe. I think this movie may be very important film as American independent cinema after Mumblecore, also Hannah Fidell and Lindsay Burdge. Fortunately this has been released in US-indie-films-rarely-sell Japan (ofc, direct-to-video), but as Erotic arthouse flick titled "A FEMALE Teacher"(Oh, shucks) Because of that, this is misunderstood and not seen broadly....Such a shame.

20. dakotah's rating of the film A Teacher

I left with a pit in my stomach

21. flamingo jones's rating of the film A Teacher

75 minutes and zero character development, up until the final five minutes of the film when Diane cycles through jealous, manic, and resigned emotional states. How can a film about something as salacious as a student/teacher sexual relationship be this boring?

22. Igor Ramos's rating of the film A Teacher

A very naughty, horny, definitely-with-some-unresolved-issues teacher. The lead actress is good, but the film feels too short and also kind of boring for such a risky relationship. It's like the first-half of "Notes on a Scandal" but without the drama and the lesbian teacher... oh and instead of a cute family there's a boring housemate.

23. Xiu's rating of the film A Teacher

24. dave gunn's rating of the film A Teacher

Besides the fade-outs that made me feel like I was watching a made-for-TV movie at first, this was a successfully suspenseful film about obsession. The score really added to it.